Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do we rid society of gay stereotypes?
Quote:Originally Posted by Tim18
We can spread the message we exist just by living are lives, and spreading it are selves.

Arkansota Wrote:That's not working fast enough.

It may seem frustrating, but you can be damn happy you weren't born 50+ years ago. Changing society takes time.

who cares what people think. I lived my life in fear for too long to worry how someone views me. All I know is I'am me.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Round up all the gays that act in stereotypical manner and hide them from public view.

Hell it worked with insane relatives for many generations - that is why attics and cellars were made.

Look - we can't change society's perceptions of 'us' - making stereotype comments and statements illegal doesn't work. Throwing Political Correctness at people doesn't work - none of that stuff tried to change the minds of people have worked.

Let them have their opinions. I bet you have opinions of them as well.

I literally never suggested anything you accuse me of suggesting. I am anti-PC and anti-stereotypes and you are just pissing me off atm because you are trying to stop me from speaking out about this issue.

Society just moves slow. Patience. Meanwhile we can stop these awful pride parades. It ain't helping. Since a lot of it is.........stereotypical "gay" behavior.

Mick

Arkansota Wrote:I literally never suggested anything you accuse me of suggesting. I am anti-PC and anti-stereotypes and you are just pissing me off atm because you are trying to stop me from speaking out about this issue.

Better to be pissed on than pissed off I guess.

I didn't accuse you of saying anything.

You asked for a solution and I poised the only one that would actually do what you want.

If we hide the Queens and cross Dressers then there is nothing for the straights who are confused about what gay is to point out as example.

So let me try to explain where the stereotypes come from:

[Image: sergio-garcia.jpg]

[Image: taiwan-gay-pride-parade-2009.jpg]
[Image: AFP_Getty-511590700.jpg]

[Image: Gay-Pride-Parade-New-York-2009-121-4077x2718.jpg]

[Image: 3155509_image.jpg?1373480479]

[Image: eyeliner_78.jpg]

[Image: gay-brothers-demotivational-poster-1234046635.jpg]

All of those are minor examples of what we in the Gay community do to ourselves to highlight our differences.

If you want the stereotypes to stop, then we need to round up all of those who behave in a stereotype manner and hide them from the rest of the world.

As long as there is one snapping, limp wristed, lisping homosexual to be seen, the stereotype will exist.

The human mind focuses on differences, not on sameness. This has been a problem with the species from the dawn of time. Thus all of the bigotry and hatred between different groups. No one seems to care that when you open up a human being and look at the inside they are all pretty much exactly alike, read and gooshy.

IF you want to be treated 'same' then we all need to agree to act like the same - we need to become hetro-normal and stop being prancing queens, have gay parades and snap our fingers and call everyone 'gurlfriend'.

Think of any sterotype and think of the minority it is attached to and you find there is a grain of truth. As horrible as that may be, there is always that grain of truth and the minds of 'them' are constantly going to nitpick and point out the difference.

Arkansota Wrote:you are just pissing me off

[Image: tumblr_mhf1scka6f1s4wlbio1_400.gif]

Just slap people who say anything stupid.

You cannot rid society of gay stereotypes...

That is all.

why is it bad for you.beacase you can just do what you want even if peopole not think it.

Arkansota Wrote:I'm gay. I'm not neat. I hate fashion and shopping isn't my thing. My voice is masculine. So how do we get this message out that gay people like me exist?

You can't, it's a process of evolution. The "gay stereotypes" that you speak of didn't exist before Stonewall (at least not to the extent that we know it today) and there are some who will always wish to proclaim their sexuality by being outrageous, hence Gay Pride marches. Now that same sex marriages are accepted in some Western countries it will only be time that will make the stereotypes disappear simply because there will be no need for them. That said, there will always exist some screaming queens because that's how they want to be.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams