Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you celebrate New Year's?
Normally, the local pub puts on quite a good band and the last couple of New Years I have spent down there with friends. This year, me and the flatmate are heading over another friends house for a relatively quiet few drinks around their house. To be honest, I'd much rather that. On NYE it has been a good night at the pub, but always rammed with people, and we couldn't be arsed with that this year Smile

Simple answer is that I don't. What's there to celebrate? Others are more than welcome to celebrate as they please but for me it will be just another day.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I'll be going to the house party of a friend on my bowling league
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Traditionally, we fix collard greens, cabbage and black-eyed peas (for money, health and luck respectively) all served with corn bread. HOWEVER, since my husband will still be at his parents, I probably won't cook this year. Drinking, on the other hand, may or may not occur...lol
~Beaux

So he's going anyway, Beaux?

I would have that meal anyway and be sure and toss in a ham hock.

Do you have stewed tomatoes with the black-eyed peas on New Year's?
I bid NO Trump!

Every year my sister's friend has held a fancy dress party with a theme at her house (which has its own bar) and the whole family goes, except me as I'm back home for work.

Except this year.

The theme is 'movie stars' so I'm going as Ben Kenobi, ie more Alec Guinness than Ewan McGregor. I've grown my beard (which I'll dye with flour), and I'm taking a bottle of Absolut. And my lightsaber, that's blue and pops out.
Gossip is the Devil’s telephone; best just to hang up.

Good to hear from you [MENTION=23058]IanSaysHi[/MENTION]. Your leaving the premises saddens me.

Have a great party and a great New Year to come.
I bid NO Trump!

You too [MENTION=20933]LJay[/MENTION] however you celebrate and have an amazing happy 2016 Smile
Gossip is the Devil’s telephone; best just to hang up.

LJay Wrote:So he's going anyway, Beaux?

I would have that meal anyway and be sure and toss in a ham hock.

Do you have stewed tomatoes with the black-eyed peas on New Year's?

He already left.
I put ham in ALL of it! My mom likes stewed tomato in her peas, so if I am cooking for my parents I put them in, but I personally prefer my tomatoes in a tomato-and-onion salad! Now I am hungry.....lol
~Beaux

[MENTION=13210]Beaux[/MENTION], when it gets to be summer in steamy Charleston you should look up country Greek salad. Perfect veggie dinner on a hot night. Tomatoes and onions and cukes and peppers and feta, O MY!

Enjoy your time. Will be lifting a glass on your behalf.
I bid NO Trump!