Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you cope while your other half is away?
Hey,
so, my husband is away for a year or so and I have no idea how to cope.
I've made it through 3 months so far, but I just miss him soo much. I find myself feeling down about it almost every day, if it wasn't for the kids I probably wouldn't get out of bed.

I hate this feeling.

Any advice on how to cope?

may i ask why your husband is away for so long?

maybe you could take some projects upon yourself in the home while he is away, something to suprise him when he comes back, this will also in a way keep him close to you, imagine his reaction when he comes home.

Read a really big old dusty book :p just some ideas

partis Wrote:may i ask why your husband is away for so long?

He's on his conscription (He's S. Korean so its mandatory).

i take it the advice was no good then lol

Learn to be complete as a person without him. It's always been my philosophy that if you aren't complete on your own, you'll never be complete with anyone else. Missing someone is completely fine and logical, but absolutely depending on them is only going to hurt you. Just focus on yourself more.

Hello,
I can totally sympasis with you on this as I also have a bf who is away but only for a week but is 4,000 miles away on holiday.. What your experiencing is a pining effect and this is completely natural. I would recommend maybe keeping yourself as busy as possible and remember that he will be coming home soon.. Each day that goes by is another day closer to him returning and uniting with you as a family again.. Just stay as strong as you can and to be honest with the kids all the time you keep your mind occupied whilst keeping in touch with your husband it will soon pass and he will be home and you will think bloody hell the years gone quick hehe..

Hope this helps

kindest regards

Aunty zeon x

partis Wrote:i take it the advice was no good then lol

It was helpful lol thank you. I can't do very much at the moment (in my 3rd trimester) but I will dust off some books we have lying around :3

zeon Wrote:Hello,
I can totally sympasis with you on this as I also have a bf who is away but only for a week but is 4,000 miles away on holiday.. What your experiencing is a pining effect and this is completely natural. I would recommend maybe keeping yourself as busy as possible and remember that he will be coming home soon.. Each day that goes by is another day closer to him returning and uniting with you as a family again.. Just stay as strong as you can and to be honest with the kids all the time you keep your mind occupied whilst keeping in touch with your husband it will soon pass and he will be home and you will think bloody hell the years gone quick hehe..

Hope this helps

kindest regards

Aunty zeon x

Thank you soo much. Unfortunately it's hard on my son too, and I hate to see him soo upset. Perhaps having his dad (my ex) come visit might help him be a bit more cheerful.

I skype with my husband every 3 weeks or so, which makes it a little easier, but my mind is just all over the place and I just want him to be home.

VileKyle Wrote:Learn to be complete as a person without him. It's always been my philosophy that if you aren't complete on your own, you'll never be complete with anyone else. Missing someone is completely fine and logical, but absolutely depending on them is only going to hurt you. Just focus on yourself more.

I'll try, thanks. He's always been my rock, I know I need to sort things out with myself, but it's soo hard T^T

Make a collage or scrapbook of all the things you like about him so much, get your kids envolved, put it all together over the next 9 months and give it to him as a present when he gets back, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]