Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you cope while your other half is away?
You have us (LOL)

Nope, seriously. Be a lot concentrated on your kids, try to project something very special that you can do with your partner when he's coming back. And if you want to lock you up at home, do the opposite, go out with your kids, your friends. If you have enough time you can also try something like to learn a new language, or learn to play an instrument, decoupage etc...

Drewsdad Wrote:I was thinking you could start a journal, both you and your sone could add to it everyday, talk about what you did that day add links to places add photos. it will be something lovely to share when he comes homes and something to treasure.

That's a really great idea Smile thank you

I am in the military, and for me it is all about love.

If you are in a genuine loving relationship it will not matter. You will still be able to contact him and just remember the old saying that "distance makes the heart grow fonder"

I know girls and guys in committed relationships, and if I was in one, on a 6 month deployment or more, it is not a drama about not cheating because you cherish the idea that soon you will get to come home and see your partner Smile

Hmm, my mother coped it by constantly talking to my dad on skype or MSN everyday. She also tried to go out with as many people as often as possible so that she doesn't feel lonely. Then again, being apart for 9 years sort of broke their marriage. One year is definitely possible though! Smile

Bighug miimo

I was perfectly happy before my other half came into the picture...and while I am happy with him I am not lost without him (in fact about once every few weeks, I'll ask for an entire day alone, no real talking, visiting, just a time for me day)...so basically I just revert to homework or a hobby or reading. A YEAR would be a long time though... I would miss him.

Honestly I'm often without him. (he works until late every week day usually) So i'd have the day to myself, but i'd still see him at night / on weekends.

I say he's gone for a year, but thats just the minimum. It can be up to 2 years+.

But, i miss him like crazy. Never been like this before :/

^ That's love talking, and it's OK to feel like that.

I get that it's hard, but be strong.

Now, do you talk to him regularly? Is he allowed to contact you? That always helps.

I though the idea of the Journal to be very good...

be with friends as much as you can, and enjoy the kid upon arrival...

one thing good about it is that the day of the comeback tends to be one of the most wonderful days for families in your situations

Bighug

southbiochem Wrote:^ That's love talking, and it's OK to feel like that.

I get that it's hard, but be strong.

Now, do you talk to him regularly? Is he allowed to contact you? That always helps.

I though the idea of the Journal to be very good...

be with friends as much as you can, and enjoy the kid upon arrival...

one thing good about it is that the day of the comeback tends to be one of the most wonderful days for families in your situations

Bighug

It's varied when i get to speak to him. It's meant to be once a week, but sometimes he hasn't been able to. So it's becoming more of a fortnightly thing, i once went 2 months without speaking to him.

It's going to be hard once our daughter's born, but i will probably be with his family, so that will be nice (even though they drive me crazy sometimes)

My partner and I both live 10 hours away by plane ride and we have been dating more than 2 and a half months.