Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you cope with behavior like this?
matty7 Wrote:ive not watched the links - but appreciate u posting for people who do not know the heatred out there ,,,

there was a documentry here in the uk by Louis Theroux called http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Most_Ha...in_America

watch this clip for at around 2.14 seconds to see how bad things can be, teaching small children to hate others is terrible but here it is.

sorry to post other links in your thread Jisthenewk but i think they compliment what you have posted too

That was hard to watch, but I'm glad you posted that, too. What is wrong with these people? I used to be a Christian, even a few months after I came out as gay, but now I feel much better as an atheist. Do these people honestly ENJOY the pain that comes with the strictness of religion? I don't believe for one minute they do. I think they're just scared that if they slip up, they'll burn forever, which isn't true. To some extent, I even feel sorry for them that they believe that. :redface:

I never saw that video......
Some people can take religion to the extreme... Sickens me.
But everyone has their own opinion.
I can see why you would want to be atheist.
I am somewhat chosen to do that to... Basically believe what I feel like.

Why can't the world be like the people on GaySpeak?

I agree, I honestly wish I could have, almost everyone I have seen posting be a friend in my life off the computer Smile

I live in the state that is home to Westboro Church. They're on the southwest area of Kansas I believe? I'm quite a distance away from them, over an hour I know but they have been to a couple HIGH SCHOOLS in my neighborhood. They went to one to protest a gay man being crowned prom king. The crazy part was he'd graduated the school a couple years prior to the protest so they were a bit late he still howed up though and there was a counterprotest that held open a donation booth to fight aids that would be open so long as the Phelps were there, making the Phelps indirectly helping a cause they wouldn't like.

Then when I was a junior(maybe senior) they were at the high school by my house, the one I was supposed to go to but transferred to another school but anyway. So I got out of class early to go to that one. 200+ students and alies on one end and about 5 or 6 helps on the other. They were protesting the fact that the school was doing Rent as a school play. The thing that got me was they had a sign that had GSA on it and two stick figures doing it in the butt....this sign was held in front of a HIGH SCHOOL. Funny thing is they turned it around everytime a car drove by. It was the most sickening thing I have ever personally witnessed.

It used to completey enrage me, and even know I'm all re-pissed off but I just remember that this church is only about 60 people and all/most are part of the family. Also at the protest one of the students held up a sign that said "Obvious troll is obvious." so there's kinda a sick little joke about how the Westboro Church people are just a bunch of IRL trolls and well that's a way me and my friends all cope with their insanity. But I know the NORMAL homophobes aren't quite as crazy as these people and that's a...nice thought.

Haha, I'm so sorry to hear about your school and the Rent play. I asked my drama teacher (when I attended public school) if we could do a play that featured gay people. She said we should be able to, but not too extreme, because people are so conservative and babyish! I love that woman! Confusedmile: Anyway, I agree with you, Buring. I want these people as my real friends haha!

brain washing is a very hard thing to break - its practiced by cults just to get members,, they can get them so convinced in their teaching that they will die for them , thats how powerful it is -

I think the Westboro Baptist Church is a cult. They have to be. They're just hateful.

I did not watch the videos but know their form of hatred and vile abuse.

I have not personally experienced it, thankfully, but I look around and know that these sorts of beings creep around with their dogma-fueled venom and share it for all to see.

They do this to hurt and main others. It is pure evil.

They are small-minded people and the type of people I wish would just go away (That's putting it nicely)

One woman in the audience told Shirley and her daughters that "I believe in God and if anyone's going to Hell, it's you three." She put them in their place, yet they kept smiling. How? That's just wrong. I feel so bad for those people who lost their kids and had to take Westboro's abuse at a funeral.