Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you cope with behavior like this?
JisthenewK Wrote:I think the Westboro Baptist Church is a cult.

You almost got it right! Rolleyes

Try meeting Westboro Baptist Church, trust me, it was not pleasant! I was at the opening of the all gay high school in NYC and they were across the street. We had to have the police seperate the gay people on one side of the street and the "church" on the other side of the street as they stood in between the two groups (our group was much bigger though) Smile

I cant watch either because I do everything in my power to block these people from injuring my psyche and dampening my spirit...

I think it is important to remember a few things when you happen upon these people (and keep in mind what Pix said about the other ones who are far more "presentable") ....

Once they get inside your brain they can take up alot of your time...hating them...fearing them....they can drag you down into their gutter.....

...so instead of going there...when you are exposed to these idiots try to think about all of the Christians that DO actually love their neighbor...who do support equality and gay marriage....

...they want to declare that we are "intolerant" of Christians and are waging a "war" on them. Remember that these are individuals spouting that nonsense and are not truly representing ANYONE but themselves.

Our media unfortunately loves sensationalism and that can distort the real picture.

So....here is an exercise in clearing your psyche of these demons and restoring your faith...

Watch this: :biggrin: My birthday girl Kristen Chenowith is a "real Christian"

Oh my god o.o I heard that small child say "God Hates the World" and then I just stopped -_-
It's so uncomfortable to watch children doing these things that they're far too young for.

Also I love Kristen Chenoweth! xD She's just the best person. Best of them all.

No worries from me. and not because i'm an atheist, but because they are pathetic laughable idiots. Who will one day be looked upon as the demented babblers that they are.

Mick

it's never easy to cope with bigotry and hatred, but you can't let it adversely effect you, ignore the ignorance and keep smiling. we all love you

Ha! That was truly horrible. I bet they deny the very passages in the New Testament that clearly state that even though straights will hate to hear it and won't want to believe it - fags go to heaven. These are just some angry people threatened by their own fear that they are wrong and maybe even weak. Think nothing of this because I seriously doubt God does. I bet almost anybody would rather have lunch with a fag than spend five minutes with those laughably fucked up people! What a ridiculous bitch.

I know. These people are unbelievable. However, I'm trying not to let their stupidity bother me.

From what I've read on that church they believe everyone is going to hell, themselves included. We have a church down here that's pretty similar actually. I think the reason these people are so extreme is cause it gets them attention and they think that it's raising awareness. They want to feel important, like they're fighting against oppression. They're giving their faith a bad name and leading to people just flat out hating religion of any sort cause off the apparent endorsement of bigotry and hatred of those who are different. I just take consolation in the fact that these people will take their beliefs to the grave and that's where they shall remain. They can't fight change anymore than you can fight the sun.

To really see the spirit of Westboro you can see their own music video (you can see the Westboro woman interviewed in the OP YT links in this vid as well):

I'll leave it to you to decide whether they're sincerely that bat shit crazy or just seeking attention.