Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you deal with anxiety?
[MENTION=23097]Insertnamehere[/MENTION] most of that definitely resonates with me. I hate going shopping because of the crowds. I just hate the people who shop at Wal-Mart, they take up so much space, walk slowly, etc. May not be for the same reasons but I walk out often in a bad mood and drained. It does help if I go with someone who can sort of keep me company...but that never happens.

I used to be very bad about "zig-zagging" to avoid people and go directly to places. I have got better with that and don't do that so much. However, when I go running at the dam I always wear earbuds listening to music so I don't have to talk to people. I go there for peace and quiet, not to socialize with strangers and their dogs who shit all over the place.

I do fine with one on one and small groups but crowds of people get to me. I have done presentations in front of larger group and I do struggle with it but I have slowly gotten better at it (might be because it was the same presentation).
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

My anxieties revolve more around my death, the death of those I care for, loss in general, failure, what ifs, guilt, nostalgia, money, cataclysmic natural disasters, terrorism, and overall feelings of impending doom.
People don't really bother me.

Death is something I worry about... Ever since I had the bad panic attack a couple of years ago every time something goes on with me I think something is wrong and I'm going to die or something bad is going to happen. It really messed with me on a deep level... I fear that I'm going to die alone and then there's the rest of my issues about everything. If I were to dwell on it all any longer probably end up curled in a ball crying...but I don't since there's no use in it.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Ah I think I must have viking blood not to bothered about me dying. Hmmm never thought about it. Well scares if there isn't anything after this life.

What worries me is I'm getting older quicker than I would like.

What really scares me is my muscle wasting condition getting worse to the point I can't wash myself etc and have to totally rely on others.

Hmmm might not happen. I might consider euthanasia if it comes to that point.

That worries me..

[MENTION=23180]axle2152[/MENTION], hope it doesn't bother you, but I think Native Son is onto something. You should take him up on his offer.

[MENTION=18789]artyboy[/MENTION], I take venlafaxine, which is the generic version of Effexor. It is an SSNRI and somewhat different than an SSRI. Sometimes it bothers me to be less sensitive than I really am but the overall effect is helpful. Being around other people helps. Having a good hobby or two helps. Being outside and getting mild exercise definitely helps. The basic idea is to get outside of yourself and to enjo some form of self expression. Draw, sing, read or whatever. Just don't brood.
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:[MENTION=23180]axle2152[/MENTION], hope it doesn't bother you, but I think Native Son is onto something. You should take him up on his offer.

Take him up on his offer? I would have to decline. If you're saying I need to go find a fuck buddy then well maybe that's what I need. I just need to find someone who isn't slutty jerk and that's the feel I get from guys who are "looking" most of the time.
Check out my stuff!

LJay Wrote:[MENTION=23180]axle2152[/MENTION], hope it doesn't bother you, but I think Native Son is onto something. You should take him up on his offer.

[MENTION=18789]artyboy[/MENTION], I take venlafaxine, which is the generic version of Effexor. It is an SSNRI and somewhat different than an SSRI. Sometimes it bothers me to be less sensitive than I really am but the overall effect is helpful. Being around other people helps. Having a good hobby or two helps. Being outside and getting mild exercise definitely helps. The basic idea is to get outside of yourself and to enjo some form of self expression. Draw, sing, read or whatever. Just don't brood.

Most my hobbies are getting to hard for me these days or bore me.

They main one I want to get back into though is art. Seems my anxiety is causing an artist block which I've had for a few years.

Hmmm I'm seeing a psychiatrist on Friday so I'll see what they say.

It's interesting to hear how it effects us

axle2152 Wrote:Take him up on his offer? I would have to decline. If you're saying I need to go find a fuck buddy then well maybe that's what I need. I just need to find someone who isn't slutty jerk and that's the feel I get from guys who are "looking" most of the time.

Oh, I think Native Son is an interesting sort. Still, you should be the one choosing for you.

It is a shame we all can not have access to physical outlets.
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:Oh, I think Native Son is an interesting sort. Still, you should be the one choosing for you.

It is a shame we all can not have access to physical outlets.

Interesting, occasionally interesting but not the right kind of interesting...

Yeah it would be nice to have someone who you can be friends with, fuck...play around with and go on about each other's business and so on but it seldom works like that.

I value that I am able to have gay friends, who I am able to be close with. I have been friends with a couple for several years now, they are well to do and have been very good to me. There have been some moments where things might have possibly got sexual but didn't and I don't regret not let go there....I think it might have ruined the friendship if not then probably soon.

Sex is sex and I'm not going to sweat it. I'm after companionship, someone to hang with and connect with...fucking can come later.
Check out my stuff!

[MENTION=18789]artyboy[/MENTION], I am not sure if it is the same in Great Britain, but here psychiatrists tend toward medication while psychologists tend toward counseling and talk therapy. I hope you are aware of the distinction.
I bid NO Trump!