Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you deal with anxiety?
LJay Wrote:[MENTION=18789]artyboy[/MENTION], I am not sure if it is the same in Great Britain, but here psychiatrists tend toward medication while psychologists tend toward counseling and talk therapy. I hope you are aware of the distinction.

That is likely in part due to physiologists not being able to write prescriptions, but they would often refer people to a psychiatrist. I would tend to think they would try their methods of working with their patient first unless they see that something more is needed. A lot of doctors here in the US are very quick to prescribe stuff.

I will also note that the success rate of both are about the same. So my thoughts are to do both and that counseling is less detrimental to your health. If you can avoid being on a medication, avoid it. However, if you need it, take it. At any rate you have to be judge on what you think you need and don't need. I will say the more informed you are about either choice the better.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

LJay Wrote:[MENTION=18789]artyboy[/MENTION], I am not sure if it is the same in Great Britain, but here psychiatrists tend toward medication while psychologists tend toward counseling and talk therapy. I hope you are aware of the distinction.

NHS doesn't like giving out meds if it doesn't need too. So they look at over methods first before meds are given out. It's just an assessment I'm having on Friday.

BTW I could be getting them mixed as I can't see the difference in the spelling due to being dyslexic lol.

Hmmmm I've got a job interview tomorrow afternoon, my head is spinning. Grrrrr the time it was this bad I ended up having sex with a 54yro.

I deal with it by not caring anymore.

Ammon Wrote:I deal with it by not caring anymore.

Ammon, a favorite quote from T. S. Eliot:

"Teach us to care and not to care.
Teach us to sit still."
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:Ammon, a favorite quote from T. S. Eliot:

"Teach us to care and not to care.
Teach us to sit still."

Can you explain the meaning behind it?

If I'm right, you mean that what I posted is meaningless?

Bloody hell this is why I stay away from the LGBT scene lol.

Ffs I'm crying, grrrrr I'm feeling anxious atm, grrrrr