Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you deal with anxiety?
Ammon Wrote:If I'm right, you mean that what I posted is meaningless?

No, not at all, Ammon.

To me that phrase has always been a battling with the tension which is in all of us--a sort of yin yang, though not only that. It implies a pulling between active and the passive parts of us and, to me, more also. Poetry, like any art, has a flux within it that finds meaning in the reader, so your meaning may not be mine.

I don't think your post is meaningless at all. I do think that the tiny scrap of Eliot's long poem may be drawing toward a similar way of looking at things.

Here is a link which may be of interest:

https://www.quora.com/What-did-T-S-Eliot...ot-to-care

A caution: I do not think that there is more to Eliot than a strictly Christian matrix would imply.
I bid NO Trump!

Oh no my foot has fallen off!!!

LJay Wrote:No, not at all, Ammon.

To me that phrase has always been a battling with the tension which is in all of us--a sort of yin yang, though not only that. It implies a pulling between active and the passive parts of us and, to me, more also. Poetry, like any art, has a flux within it that finds meaning in the reader, so your meaning may not be mine.

I don't think your post is meaningless at all. I do think that the tiny scrap of Eliot's long poem may be drawing toward a similar way of looking at things.

A caution: I do not think that there is more to Eliot than a strictly Christian matrix would imply.

I'll get back to you after I'm done with work, so I can read your post and the link you added in all comfort.

LJay Wrote:No, not at all, Ammon.

Thanks for explaining, well the reason I posted that was because I used to be introvert, afraid to try new things, afraid to meet new people, everything I did or said made me think "what would he/she think of me" or "oh god I made a fool of myself" etc.. So I unintentionally practiced not caring, repeating to myself that I don't care made me eventually believe my own lie.

It's actually weird to explain but yeah, that's why I posted what I posted 😀

I can see your point [MENTION=20944]Ammon[/MENTION] and how you got there, though I do think you should give yourself more credit. I've always found you intriguing.

By the way, a correction: I meant to write "A caution: I DO think that there is more to Eliot than a strictly Christian matrix would imply."
I bid NO Trump!

That is really sweet of you Ljay, thank you for your kind words. But I always thought you were sweet from way back since RJ Wink

Your correction does completely changes the meaning of that sentence. Smile

Stop hogging my thread lol

Glad you guys got that straighten out though lol

Right in a few hours I'll be seeing someone about my anxiety. Just wondering what sort of thing should I tell them?

Don't hold back tell them everything. Tell them what you think triggers your anxiety. Don't be afraid to open up to them. Does you anxiety cause you not to sleep or eat?
An eye for an eye

I can't sleep at night time but can in the day time. I find it hard to eat at normal times.

Driving is actually now freaking me out as I feel I've been driving to much.