Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you feel about hook ups?
I'm (almost) 48 and have only been with 8 guys willingly. (we won't talk about the others).

6 of those were honest attempts (honest on my side of the deal) for LTR committed relationships, the other two were admittedly casual one night stands. Mind these took place between relationship 4 and 5 because by that time I was pretty certain that relationships were sucky - and not in the happy ending sort of way.

To be honest, I wish I was a bit more liberal when it comes to casual sex. I often do wonder if I missed out on something passing up all of those offers. And in my 20's there were a lot of interesting offers. I still get the occasional interesting offer. My nephew would like nothing more than to get a few hours with me alone....

Yet on the other-side, I have never had an STD. So I missed out on herpes, gonorrhea, clamdia - there is a fairly long list.

The older I get the more convinced I am that all we get is a (one, singular) life - and that once life ends there is nothing - no heaven, no hell, no purgatory, no land of Tir-na-nog, no Elysium, no paradise- no reincarnation just the oblivion of death. I'm also more and more convinced that there is no real purpose to existence of humans, other than to insure the survival of their DNA.

So we get one shot to enjoy what we got (our life) to the best of our ability.

IF that enjoyment for you is an endless string or manly arms to fall into - I say go for it. If on the other hand you want to save yourself for that one special guy you think is going to show up one day - then go for it.

It is your life, your body - as long as it harms no one else, do as you will.

I would caution against doing anything because everyone else is doing it.

It's all personal, whether or not hook-ups are okay (it's part of the sexual liberation movement!) but I'm starting to become very irked at how the hook-up culture is now mainstream, and is more tolerable than actually holding a real, living relationship.

I've been single for a year now, and trust me, it's been difficult to find someone to emotionally connect with who wasn't loggerheaded over opening up not only physically. People don't trust with their minds anymore, just their bodies. Because having emotional connections are part of the package (as in, they turn me on, which is sort of demisexual) I haven't been sexually attracted to anyone in a long, long time because of others' superficial reasons.