Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you feel about hook ups?
I'm not judgemental about hook ups, but they certainly don't work for me on any level. I like to get to know someone intimately and build a relationship.

Not for me. I value myself more.

Edward Wrote:Not for me. I value myself more.

what's that supposed to mean ?
people who get involved in hookups and casual sex can "value" themselves just as much as someone who doesn't.

sex has nothing to do with how much you value yourself . and if it does , you're putting sex on a way too high pedestal . it's just sex . it shouldn't dictate your opinion of yourself.

megumidesu Wrote:what's that supposed to mean ?
people who get involved in hookups and casual sex can "value" themselves just as much as someone who doesn't.

sex has nothing to do with how much you value yourself . and if it does , you're putting sex on a way too high pedestal . it's just sex . it shouldn't dictate your opinion of yourself.

I'm sorry, but in my vocabulary there is a synonym for someone who has frequent hookups - slut. And what I meant to say was that I wouldn't have them, as I do look down a bit on such people. Jump from bed to bed is disgusting to me.

Edward Wrote:I'm sorry, but in my vocabulary there is a synonym for someone who has frequent hookups - slut. And what I meant to say was that I wouldn't have them, as I do look down a bit on such people. Jump from bed to bed is disgusting to me.

so , basically what you're saying is ... you feel that it's totally okay for you to look down on someone and judge them because they choose to have a lot of sex ? even though the sex they're having is likely consensual and safe and absolutely none of your business ?

the word "slut" is an awful word , because it lets people think that it's okay to judge other people for their own decisions that have nothing at all to do with them personally .

one of the big arguments against homophobes is that what gay/lesbian couples do in bed together is none of anyone else's business . the same applies to any other sexual relationship . it's the business of the people involved and no one else.
you have no right to judge someone for things they do that don't involve or concern you.

megumidesu Wrote:so , basically what you're saying is ... you feel that it's totally okay for you to look down on someone and judge them because they choose to have a lot of sex ? even though the sex they're having is likely consensual and safe and absolutely none of your business ?

the word "slut" is an awful word , because it lets people think that it's okay to judge other people for their own decisions that have nothing at all to do with them personally .

one of the big arguments against homophobes is that what gay/lesbian couples do in bed together is none of anyone else's business . the same applies to any other sexual relationship . it's the business of the people involved and no one else.
you have no right to judge someone for things they do that don't involve or concern you.

The name of this thread is "how do you feel about hookups". I'm just expressing my opinion.

Edward Wrote:The name of this thread is "how do you feel about hookups". I'm just expressing my opinion.

and i'm expressing my opinion about your opinion.

it's my opinion that it's wrong to judge people for what they do in their own private lives.

It's very risque at least for a health. I'm not practice sex with stranger during 8 months..
I'm worry about my health. So i live like a monk
It's difficult question to me. I can live with someone for a long time. So why i must

to do...

You want my opinion then, since you asked?

If a person cannot contain themselves, rule their own bodies and emotions, and control their urges.......then they are nothing more than whores who go around spreading diseases.
They cannot be trusted for various and obvious reasons.

You asked.

Woollyhats has a good answer to this topic!

From my own point of view I think hookups were necessary as they thought me a lot - not that I had that many though.

They thought me that sex wasn't love and that for me to sleep with someone meant that I had to know them and feel something for them. I also learned that they were not for me!