Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you feel after listening to this? Part 1
Hi Guys  Smile

How do you feel after listening to this music?

For me, it makes feel a bit nostalgic and sad.

- It reminds me of my younger days (youth and teenager) and makes me sad like how time has past by so quickly. Makes me like want to travel back in time.
- It also makes me feel like the future is uncertain and you never know what will happen.
- I feel like I should cherish each day and make the best out of it.

How do you feel after listening to it? Smile
[-] The following 1 member Likes soulfulriver's post:
  • ChadCoxRox

Sorry, but this is probably not what you are expecting. The recording makes me sad, too and I think without my meds it would have triggered my depressions. That solo-trumpet is so sad. The piece also has an ear-worm quality which could make my depression worse.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.
[-] The following 1 member Likes Bhp91126's post:
  • soulfulriver

Doesn't really make me feel anything.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!
[-] The following 1 member Likes CellarDweller's post:
  • soulfulriver

I love it and it makes me want to take everything off but my skivvies and wash the glass in my storm doors. Definitely adding to the house cleaning playlist.

BTW, my bias is how much my mom loved Herb growing up. Blush
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart
[-] The following 1 member Likes ChadCoxRox's post:
  • soulfulriver

@soulfulriver It does have a sad vibe to it. I do appreciate the "old school" stereo effect on in the track, sounds like it might have been recorded maybe in the 1960's?

If you like that sort of music you should listen to Moonlight Serenade by Glenn Miller, it's a bit slower but should evoke different vibes...

Now when it comes to things that evoke feelings of nostalgia, that's usually stuff I listened to when I was growing up, specifically 90's and early 2000's rock/pop-rock, even better if I hear something that I haven't heard in a long time.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 3 members Like InbetweenDreams's post:
  • Adam88, ChadCoxRox, soulfulriver

I love that fox trot classic! I've had some quite sensuous moments swaying in my home to this beautiful classic! Lovelove
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart
[-] The following 2 members Like ChadCoxRox's post:
  • InbetweenDreams, soulfulriver

(08-23-2021, 09:32 PM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: @soulfulriver It does have a sad vibe to it. I do appreciate the "old school" stereo effect on in the track, sounds like it might have been recorded maybe in the 1960's?

If you like that sort of music you should listen to Moonlight Serenade by Glenn Miller, it's a bit slower but should evoke different vibes...

Now when it comes to things that evoke feelings of nostalgia, that's usually stuff I listened to when I was growing up, specifically 90's and early 2000's rock/pop-rock, even better if I hear something that I haven't heard in a long time.

Oh yes it was recorded in the 1960s.

I listened to 
Moonlight Serenade. It has more happy, cheerful vibes compared to Ladyfingers. I like it. Smile

I am guessing that listening to Backstreet Boys might 
evoke feelings of nostalgia for you. Smile

@soulfulriver I never really got into The Backstreet Boys like everyone did, same with other boy bands, just wasn't my thing. I mean I can appreciate the nostalgia to it, stuff like Third Eye Blind, Matchbox Twenty, Stone Temple Pilots, Seven Mary Three, Bare Naked Ladies, Alice and Chains, stuff like that was (and I guess still is) my thing.

Now when I listen to Moonlight Serenade the feeling I get is something of a late fall evening, almost Halloween-like, something both erie but peaceful. Hard to really put into words something that is very specific in feeling.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • soulfulriver

I actually like it a lot. It's has a very...I dunno, vintage vibe? Like it kinda gives me the feeling of domestic tranquility, opening the front door, the father in his chair, legs crossed reading the news with his pipe, the family dog, the wife doing her thing.... Has a very "Pleasantville" vibe for me. Comforting somehow. The theme of the nuclear family.

We going vintage, boys? Try this on for size. RIP to the best generation.