Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long should you wait till you date etc?
Video chat before a date. Someone talking to you for 6 weeks, even with sending pics, could well be catfishing. The internet is a strange masquerade party.

this guy your waiting on, 6 weeks is too long imho.
Maybe look elsewhere but keep talking to him something may come of it. Smile

SilverBullet Wrote:this guy your waiting on, 6 weeks is too long imho.
Maybe look elsewhere but keep talking to him something may come of it. Smile

I think he's wanting to move on, I mean maybe a meet up. He's told me he's had two dates in the last year and both didn't come of it. He's quite green at this whole dating a guy thing.

I did ask him if the call was okay, he replied well I'm still texting you Aren't I Smile

And sorry I've been texting a different lad for 6 woks not this guy though. We had be texting about 3 weeks ago I think.

I think the main thing is, don't get all hung up on one particular guy when it's just texting.

I was texting a guy for like 3 months, hot and heavy, had pet names for each other, really seemed to have a connection. When it came time to meet, he ghosted on me. He didn't like that I was still going out and seeing other guys. Thought I was clear when I told him up front I wasn't going to be exclusive with someone I hadn't even met yet.

Of course, then I fall into a relationship with my now fiance. Broke all the rules I was setting myself up for, he was young, life filled with drama, and we went exclusive immediately. Now we are engaged, and our relationship is very strong.

I guess all in all there is no sure way to be sure on what way or how long you should wait...

Look at it like this, if you're questioning things to the point where you come here and make a thread, that's probably not a good sign.

I just go by vibes.

I definitely agree with [MENTION=22879]kindy64[/MENTION] about not getting hung on up on a guy...not just over texting just in general. Until the both of you have an established relationship, going to get engaged or something as long as it is just dating, or just chatting, try not to go all in. However, I do feel that a lot of times goes against how us human behave when it comes to someone we like. As logical as things may seem to not do something, we do something else contrary to logic. However, if we can try to look at things more objectively we might be able to save ourselves heartache...but not always.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Another guy has asked me on a date now too. I've been on the phone talking to the first guy I was on about and things seem to be okay. Not sure what to do now?

Why do I always end up doing this?

Ummm, there's no requirement at the start of a relationship to date exclusively... I would take what you can get until something serious comes up. Because life is short, and having fun is better sitting home alone.

I was interested in 4 different guys at the same time. Was mostly chatting with them for several weeks. One I met at a bar, bought him drinks a couple of times, started talking to him one of those times. The others were all off of grindr I believe. One of them I actually went on a couple of dates, dinner a time or two, and a movie (with my son along cause we were all Marvel fans.) The others never got farther than talking because the timing was never right.