Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you flirt with a guy?
TigerLover Wrote:Also in my head I'm going to be calling you cutiepie from now on. Apologies in advance if you find this disturbing.

Heh, don't worry, there is little that disturbs me nowadays.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Gemini Wrote:Fish2 7 1/2 minutes if I'm playing hard-to-get Fish2

Not a problem. Wink
''Do I look civilized to you?''

axle2152 Wrote:Well guys can be pigs and creeps at any age. I have had plenty of older guys be very lewd...and no not all young guys act immature, but generally speaking younger guys are less mature...just the way it is..

Mind you I'm not picking on anyone here but I can't tell you how many times I have heard "I'm very mature for my age" coming from someone who just turned 21 and well turns out they act like someone who just turned 21. I have been very disappointed by guys who are 28...32...whatever. I think the big problem is just lack of self control and poor character.

On the other hand there are guys who are 4-5 years younger than me who are just wired in sort to speak, level headed, know what they want, know where they're headed and know how to get it...

I can act very immature for my age. It's one of the things my fiance likes about me. But, I know when to be serious.

Self control is a big thing for me. There are few actions I've taken that I regret. My nature is to reflect on the consequences of an action long before the choice to take an action comes up.

kindy64 Wrote:I can act very immature for my age. It's one of the things my fiance likes about me. But, I know when to be serious.

Self control is a big thing for me. There are few actions I've taken that I regret. My nature is to reflect on the consequences of an action long before the choice to take an action comes up.

I contemplate things in my head a lot, thinking about what I should or should not do...really just turns into worrying and usually I find in my experience that what I think will happen based on an action usually isn't the case. Sometimes I'm right, I find that I am wrong most often on things dealing with love, relationships and guys...

Now if you got a computer problem...call me the computer whisperer lol
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

axle2152 Wrote:I contemplate things in my head a lot, thinking about what I should or should not do...really just turns into worrying and usually I find in my experience that what I think will happen based on an action usually isn't the case. Sometimes I'm right, I find that I am wrong most often on things dealing with love, relationships and guys...

Now if you got a computer problem...call me the computer whisperer lol

I'm talking more, big picture kind of things as far as thinking ahead. You don't KNOW anything until the moment what might happen. It's more about thinking about how to conform your actions and behavior to your internal image of who you want to be.

Like being truthful. I might not disclose everything to my partner, but I never lie. When he confronts me about something, I'm up front about it, or I don't want to talk about it right now. But, I don't lie about it.

You are out walking the dog, you see a neighbor in an argument with someone. The someone leaves, the neighbor gets in their car and is on their cell phone. You walk behind the car and notice cash on the ground. It is several hundred dollars. You can really use the cash. Wasn't even more than a glancing thought not to give the gal her money. It's about being honest.

To thine own self be true...

Back on topic, people who are acting, versus people who are genuine. It's one thing to be nervous and awkward, trying to maintain some semblance of courage trying to interact with someone. Another to try to be someone you are not.

Well one I'm one to feel bad about lying and I am a bad actor. So chances are if I say something, I mean it...

Now as far as doing things I regret, yeah sure, it happens. I've made mistakes in life that's for. I have made mistakes with guys as well...there's plenty to talk about.

I have come a long way to learn that I am what I am, I'm not going to be that sexy guy on the beach who has a six pack but I feel that I am a decent enough of a person to deserve to be happy with someone and that I am decent enough to make someone happy.

Anyway, I do agree sometimes it is definitely to keep a lid on certain things, rather than lie about them. If told someone everything, well might get the wrong idea or might be hurtful. I will say I am one to let on a little too much about things. I am definitely one to tell someone I like how I feel, maybe just a little too much perhaps....I guess that's where the "F" come into play being an INFJ....
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

An example of my "low key" flirting

I was at a restaurant and it was very busy. The hostess seated me and I sat waiting to place my order. After a few minutes a young fellow approached and asked if they have taken my drink order yet. I stated "no" and he asked what I wanted. We spoke for a few seconds and I realised that he was being slightly flirtatious with me. When he returned with my soda I noticed that there his shirt had the company logo on one side and the giraffe polo logo on the other,...

Me: "Why is there a giraffe on your shirt?"
Him: "It is an African theme"
Me: "But this isn't an African themed restaurant"
Him: "Maybe the shirt is made from giraffe"
Me: "I don't think so"
Him: "How do you know, you didn't feel it"
Me: "I have a strict rule against petting bus boys"

Later he returned to chat once again. He stood at the table near the booth on the other side. A waitress arrived a few seconds later with a tray of drinks, putting them on the table behind him.

"Don't back up, a waitress is serving drinks behind you.......stay....stay....GOOD BOY, now heel."
"Do I get a treat?"
"NO" (he was only 16)

He was disappointed, but at least he didn't beg. LOL

I gave him a tip for taking the initiative to serve my drink, even though it wasn't his job.

As I said, I love to flirt, but it doesn't always lead to something else. If I am flirting with intent, there is NO question of the intent. LOL

Another flirting example...

At my insurance agent's office, there is a young guy who is gorgeous. Yes he is too young (early 20s) and he has a girlfriend, but he sets off the gaydar SO hard. On my last visit, he was wearing a bright pink shirt with a blue collar. I complimented him on the shirt and asked where he bought it. He told me and I replied that while I don't have a pink shirt, I do have a bright ube colored polo. He asked what color bright ube was and began looking it up on the internet. We discussed it for a while and then went back to dealing with my insurance coverage.

If he had been gay, my age range and interested in me, that interaction would have done a few things.
1. Conveyed my sexuality
2. Showed interest in him
3. Given him an opportunity to show interest back
4. Provided an opportunity to recommend shopping together.

But since he was too young for me and obviously not interested in someone who is older than his father, it provided support for him being who he is and confidence that he looks good in the clothes he chooses.

BTW: My cousin works in the cubicle next to him and heard this discussion. I have spoken to her in the past about his amazing blue eyes, but she knows I am not flirting with intent.

There's just so few guys around here, there's just not much to really flirt with...
Check out my stuff!

Talking about pink tshirts, I have this one:
[Image: vincents_rave_shirt_from_catherine-racff...x2_324.jpg]
I got it via some sort of collector's edition for a game called Catherine. Never used Tongue