Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you get HIV?
Put it this way, the chances of contracting HIV from bodily contact that is non penetrative is ALOT less than catching it from penetration or things like sharing needles etc. Get yourself tested is number 1. And second is safe sex until results are back (that should be common in all relationships though).

But put it this way, these are my bad experiences from previous government jobs;
6 needle stick injuries: 4 through leather gloves, 2 through nitrile
Spat in mouth somehow by HIV infected person
had open wounds still healing, covered in HIV/HEP blood

Still negative, though the last one scared me.

MisterTinkles Wrote:How do you get HIV?

By being stupid.

Just as this comment. :/

I let my BF read this thread and now he's very scared. I think I'm shoving it into his face too much. I wanna get tested immediately so that it will all be okay. He texted me and said something like this: "It will only be okay if the results are negative."

ARGON Wrote:I let my BF read this thread and now he's very scared. I think I'm shoving it into his face too much. I wanna get tested immediately so that it will all be okay. He texted me and said something like this: "It will only be okay if the results are negative."

No, it's not shoving anything in anyone's face...

it's being concerned about both of yours and his welfare..

go get tested

hope everything goes good

ARGON Wrote:Thank you very much for your support. My boyfriend's BJ "incident" happened a year ago, and I guess if he indeed got one, he would have shown symptoms. But just to make sure, we'll have our tests soon.
Hiv attaches to a protein on the surface of T-cells, some of us are double d which means we don't have that particular protein, can still get one of the other hiv's out there but they are less common. Issue is without that protein you can still carry the hiv in the bloodstream but not be affected yourself, James
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

James Wrote:Hiv attaches to a protein on the surface of T-cells, some of us are double d which means we don't have that particular protein, can still get one of the other hiv's out there but they are less common. Issue is without that protein you can still carry the hiv in the bloodstream but not be affected yourself, James

You are making me like you even more...

CD4, that's the protein...also present in low amounts in marcophages and dendritic cells

One more thought on the subject, blood transfusions, tainted blood is usually caught with a simple test, however I don't know if it is used worldwide, James
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

You get HIV by doing it in the butt.

You can thank Precious' mom for that bit of wisdom.

ARGON Wrote:I'm innocent on how a a person could get HIV?
My boyfriend and I are not really that experienced, and we consider ourselves as virgins (even after we had sex, lol). He gave a BJ to one guy once (it was quick and he didn't finish it as he was scared and confused at that time), while I only got a handjob once from another guy.
Tell me. Is it possible that either one of us has HIV? I'm kinda scared, 'cause we have lots of dreams of living together. Thanks.

Unprotected sex. By far the biggest risk is anal sex, specifically for the bottom. All other activities that gay men can do are low risk.