Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you know?
How do you know, when someone or you know that you want to start dating someone (not as a bfs but dating to get to the stage of being bfs). That you will want to go on the second date and continue to have more dates after that. Does it take people a while to know if they want to date someone? or can people tell after their first date?

Hi,
I am not sure if we are talking about more like a friendship relationship turning into romantic relationship. Or about a one night stand turning into dating.

I am not sure I could do the latter one. I am not judging anyone, I just don't know. Perhaps because having a long time romantic relationship is something hmm serious for me. So starting it with a hook up doesn't quite mix well together for me. There is that carelessness in a one night stand, and I don't want me or my partner feel that way in a long time relationship.

So that second choice...
I think that it is easier to tell if you not want another date. Like choosing between no, I don't / hmm, maybe?
And with every following date those maybes become less, and you'll realize that you started to date some time ago, not even noticing when the casual friendship changed into more.
So, I can tell at the beginning if it doesn't seem right, but I can't tell on the first date if I can have a romantic relationship that will last with that person.

I think if you click, you click and you kind of have a sense that things are going to work out. Other factors include texting a lot, phoning each other loads and then that's where this second date comes from. Lol