Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you open your third eye?
Simple question. We've all got a 3rd eye if you believe it or not. I guess I could also ask what do you do to stimulate your third eye?

There is what you believe, and there is true reality. You can convince yourself of any number of things that have nothing to do with anything beyond your own imagination. (Imagination is wonderful, but it has its limitations.)

The "3rd eye" is a wonderful myth. Knock yourself out trying to open it.

My question is... how do you know what you know? i would point out that there is no such thing as pure experience. What we conceive as our "experience" is actually our mind's interpretation of our experience.

I guess I'm getting off topic, except to say that I disagree that we all have a "3rd eye."

I was going to make a sexual reference, but that would have been rather inappropriate, so I won't!

That said, I guess it all depends on whether or not you believe that everyone has a spiritual side or not. As a teenager I was quite interested in the concept of "astral travel," and that in a sense had a lot to do with "opening the third eye". If anything, I think opening that side of yourself would come with being a spiritual being and being in tune with the world around you. Plus, there is always meditation..

I'm not a spiritual person.
And do not believe in whatever this third eye thing I hear about sometimes(nor know what exactly it is, as that doesn't seem to be well defined).

I wouldn't recommend pursuing info on opening it, unless you know how to spot charlatans out to make money off people wishing to achieve such.(Or if you can afford a few spiritual dead ends...)

Tyrion Wrote:I was going to make a sexual reference, but that would have been rather inappropriate, so I won't!

That said, I guess it all depends on whether or not you believe that everyone has a spiritual side or not. As a teenager I was quite interested in the concept of "astral travel," and that in a sense had a lot to do with "opening the third eye". If anything, I think opening that side of yourself would come with being a spiritual being and being in tune with the world around you. Plus, there is always meditation..

You're a pussy Wink allow me to do it then Wink

practice practice practice, and not only will you be able to open it, you will be able to teach the little guy to wink.

On a more serious note, isn't the third eye considered to be one of the chakra's of the body, along with the solar plexis?

Tyrion Wrote:As a teenager I was quite interested in the concept of "astral travel," and that in a sense had a lot to do with "opening the third eye".

Astral projection is fun!

If you mean third eye, by other means of communication apart from talking then yes absolutely, i don go around talking about it, but had too many incidents, it can be stronger between family members, also me and my friend could think of number between 1 - 3 and guess it through mind, reading (over&over again) if you dont believe this stuff you should just watch derren brown, we know we use very little of our brain, so what. Could the rest be used for, just laying dormant.

dfiant Wrote:On a more serious note, isn't the third eye considered to be one of the chakra's of the body, along with the solar plexis?

It is indeed. It's the purple one. >.<

partisan Wrote:If you mean third eye, by other means of communication apart from talking then yes absolutely, i don go around talking about it, but had too many incidents, it can be stronger between family members, also me and my friend could think of number between 1 - 3 and guess it through mind, reading (over&over again) if you dont believe this stuff you should just watch derren brown, we know we use very little of our brain, so what. Could the rest be used for, just laying dormant.

Could be. But how do we awaken the dormant parts of our brains. I do believe that you don't need words to communicate. Like I told my ex he was falling in love with me before he was able to tell me. Tho that could be just an educate guess.