Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do young people view the future?
You have received an infraction at GaySpeak Gay Forums | Online Community | Chat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear gilhooly,

You have received an infraction at GaySpeak Gay Forums | Online Community | Chat.

Reason: Making Incomprehensible/Nonsensical Posts
-------

-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

My future predictions - (They aren't american based as like Im not american Big Grin)

I think over the next few years certain things regarding pensions and medical care will get worse, but after taking a dip I think it will improv
e drastically.

Employment I think will start improving eventually. I do think people will get greedy though and it will just make people even more selfish Sad

One things for sure - I wouldn't want to bring up a child in the world how it is at the moment :p
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

I can only see civil war going to happen to the west like during the 16th to 19th, social change is coming, if not god help us all.

Quote:The creations of the mind — and the principles which preside over them — follow the fate of our moods, of our age, of our fevers, and our disappointments. We call into question everything we once loved, and are always right and always wrong; for everything is valid — and nothing has any importance. I smile: a world is born; I frown: it vanishes, and another appears. No opinion, no system, no belief fails to be correct and at the same time absurd, depending on whether we adhere to it or detach ourselves from it.

I keep typing my answer, and then deleting it. My opinion varies on the future and I don't know how to express it in words. I thought the quote above was suitable. Sometimes it seems that worlds going somewhere deep into the darkness, and then other times it feels like with time and care, everything will be okay.

Imagine a world without war. All the money we spend on killing each other could be spent on saving the economy. We could spend more money on things that matter such as research.

The amount of diseases we could have cured.
How advanced technology would be for the better.
Would we be closer to touching the stars?
Would we know more about our world?

I sometimes wonder if I’ll ever be recognised as an Earthling rather than an Englishmen.
I could go on forever... going from topic to topic on my beliefs. But I think you’d all have a whole different opinion of me :3

Once money has gone the world will be a better place.

That will only happen when something so bad happens to the plenet everyone will have to work togather and money loses its value, and is replace with the real value of people's work xx

If the USA collapses it won't take the world with it. China is rising already to take its place. It will just quicken the process.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

China in fect is starting to slow down now too.

What happens when the west goes down, China wont have many customers left!!

One.World.Order.

Still holding out for a zombie apocalypse. Fingers crossed, fingers crossed...

Gilhooly,

I cannot disagree with Collinmackay more. His view of the global economic impact of the United States is rather limited in my view. Should a sudden collapse of the U.S. occur in the near future, the world would descend into terrifying conditions. Furthermore, I would say the EU is, at this moment, more endanger of disintegration than the U.S.

Having said this, however, I do not think that a precipitous decline of the United States is likely at all. The United States has a vast infrastructure, a large, highly skilled and highly educated work force, incredible reserves of natural resources, and a huge agricultural output. So, the likely hood that such a decline would occur is almost nothing. Far more likely is the condition that the United States would go on a slow decline followed by a plateau at a moderate to high level of economic and military power, much like the British Empire did between the late nineteenth and early twentieth century, and we may be seeing the beginning of that occurrence now.

In the near future, the United States will cut back on social programs, but as the American people and its congress are showing, we will also cut back heavily on foreign military involvement, leaving several regions and nations to either chose to invest in their own defense or go without.

If we are indeed seeing the beginning of a decline in the United States as a super power, than we are most likely also seeing the decline of nation states in general (not because the U.S. is the be all and end all of nation states but because of the force that is causing its decline--globalization). It is likely, as developing nations such as China and India reach their economic peak, more nations will begin to rise behind them, and as this happens the old world order of empires and superpowers will diminish to the point where economic and military might are shared MORE equally then they have ever been across the globe.

I think international politics and bodies like the E.U. the U.N. the African Union, NATO, etc. etc. etc. will become far more important and gain more power as the locus of government shifts from local to global governance.

As good as some of these things may sound, if this occurs, it will not be a pretty transition and the loss of some cultural distinctions, laws, and perhaps even some rights we in the west enjoy will be an eventuality . . . if globalization is carried out to its logical fruition, that is.