Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do young people view the future?
im still in hs.... I honestly think humans will exploit all of our resources and we will create a world civil war .... killing off enough people to get down to a level of less than half the pop we have now.

You never know what's going to happen in the future. So I don't think there are anyways to get assured. You can look forward and see where you are going, but you won't know what you will find there until you get there. Plus, sometimes big change doesn't lie with wars and all the despair. Sometimes, it can be out of hope and kindness. Plus, all the living beings in this planet is born to adapt and have an inner will to live and exist. So you can just sit back and relax, see what's going to happen. Some people will be push their way through to make changes, and other sit and wait for the world to change. The choice is yours.

1. The internet is changing things and will continue to do so (positively).

2. I'd watch out for Russia. Just when your back is turned, a country that was somehow a democracy for a few years is now turning back into a dictatorship.

I don't think Russia was every a true democracy, and I don't think it will turn back to a dictatorship like days of old. Change doesn't happen over night, it's a process that can take year, and sometimes generations to clear out the old school train of thought.

There are times that I wish I was a teenager today, but then there are other times I am glad I'm not

I was outed at school when I was 12 in 1981, I had no one to talk to about being gay, no one to help and support me because I was FAR too young to know, surrounded by bigotry and ignorance - wish I was 12 today

Building a cubby house, going for bushwalks, leaving doors and windows open in the dead of summer, fishing yabbies out of the creek meat tied to a peice of string, walking down the street on your own, catching a train to the city - glad I was 12 in 1981

The world will continued to change, something will be better, something will be worse...but really how can you compare what might happen in the future to what you know in the past and present.

Why do people think that if the USA economy collapses, so will the rest of the world? and why is it that most that do think this are American?

USA has what 360 million of the worlds 6 billion people?

World economies will suffer at the hands of a US collapse, but it certainly won't follow suit. China has emerged as a Super power, India will emerge as a super, Japan may have suffered a recession, but it is still solid, and that accounts for half the worlds population right there.

Technology will still come from Japan and Germany, they would more than likely benefit from the collapse of the US economy.

The world will not end is the USA crashes.

Australia for one is one of the very few contries that has not fallen into a technical recession (Technical being 2 quarters of negative growth), but we have been hurt, we are just lucky that China is so hungry for our resources.

Best-case scenario? The US develops into a stable police-state after economic disaster, resulting in World-War-III. Think Roman Republic in 27BC. We're halfway there now.

Worse-case scenario? Western Civilization collapses in the next two decades, and smart Americans like me move to the new beacon of civilization and technology: East Asia. At which point China conquers/absorbs what's left of the world. Eurozone collapse would be the trigger, methinks.

dfiant Wrote:Australia for one is one of the very few contries that has not fallen into a technical recession (Technical being 2 quarters of negative growth), but we have been hurt, we are just lucky that China is so hungry for our resources.
And if America's nuclear umbrella falls, you'll be unlucky that China is hungry for your resources. Hope you like fried rice.

Not everything is about America, and yes, I love fried Rice, already an Australian staple since the Chinese first settled in Australia in the 1840's

dfiant Wrote:Not everything is about America, and yes, I love fried Rice, already an Australian staple since the Chinese first settled in Australia in the 1840's
Yeah, I know. I was looking at immigrating to Australia earlier this year, before I got a great job offer here in the states. Only person I know at my age making this kind of money, sadly.

It's one thing to accept Chinese immigrants (I have Chinese immigrants upstairs), it's another to obey Chinese law.

But with $500 billion worth of guns, several hundred nuclear weapons, and $15 trillion GDP, there's not a place in the world that isn't affected by American events. We can say the same today about China and the EU.

I always thought that if the US economy collapsed to debt so to speak, then it would make other countries more likely to because of the US economy's sheer size. Which could cause a chain reaction of debt.
But meh, i'm no economist.
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so