Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do young people view the future?
Genersis Wrote:I always thought that if the US economy collapsed to debt so to speak, then it would make other countries more likely to because of the US economy's sheer size. Which could cause a chain reaction of debt.
But meh, i'm no economist.
I'm an amateur economist (studied econ and business in college), and you're pretty close to correct.

But the reason why one country's collapse would cause a domino effect is trade. Trade makes the world go around, increasings our standard of living, and makes technological advance possible. When one big economy goes, its trade routes go with it...causing collapses in other countries.

This trade-network-collapse turned a few failing Austrian banks into a Great Depression.

The future in the USA isnt looking promising AT ALL. I would rahter move to Canada because they have universal healthcare, have better government in general because it does its job to serve the people.
Canadian politics is more based on who can most effectively solve issues-not who has the most money,the most outrageous promises, the best campaigning strategy....etc.

Canadians are nicer people than Americans, less hateful, proud, more humble and accepting. Although it is not a perfect country, Canada seems to be doing better than USA.

Genersis Wrote:then it would make other countries more likely to because of the US economy's sheer size. .

A common misconception. If that Japanese earthquake had happened closer to Tokyo and ruined most of Tokyo's infrastructure, the world would fall into recession as Japan would then remove a lot of off shore interests to help fund the recovery.

How many trillions of dollars are the USA in debt? if they went bankrupt, the rest of the world wouldn't get their loans paid back. It would make it tough for the rest of the world, but it would be a blip on the economic scale.

The US economy is not as big as most people think, it's not as influential as most people think. The US economy is like the Mouse that ROARS.

My vision of the future is very negative. The only path that is available for a stable future are nothing less then Anarcho primitivisic world with no economy, no government, no rule and no luxuries, only primitive life back to the roots of life. As every empire in the dawn of history has failed, so will todays society. As we only reach for more, more, more wealth we will end either doomed in a third world war over the remaining resources left or be left with no freedom left, we are only manipulated to think that the democratic society is the best, when we actually are only controlled by the economy... Our economic ways will fail miserable as all countries can not pay they're national debt and the stocks are ruining it as its purpose is only maximize profit, everyone will fight for the few stuff to loot, when there is nothing left... there is nothing left. Even water will become a valuable resource as the sea levels are rising and our constant water pollution and over pumping will there be little left to spare as water is essential to everything in life. As salt water is everywhere, the only drinkable water will fade with the ocean. The problem is that we think that WE OWN the planet, we can not own it as the earth only strives for balance which we destroys for every second. We are not stronger then the ground we walk upon, that is like to challenge 'God'. Exactly the same thing will happen if we may inhabit another planet. We aren't just meant to live the way we life, eventually it will fail, it just depends on how hard you want to fall on the ground.

dfiant Wrote:The US economy is not as big as most people think, it's not as influential as most people think. The US economy is like the Mouse that ROARS.
Global GDP: $63 Trillion
US GDP: $14.5 Trillion (23% of world)
Eurozone GDP: $12.1 Trillion (19% of world)
China GDP: $5.8 Trillion (9% of world)
Japan GDP: $5.5 Trillion
Germany GDP: $3.3 Trillion

Australia GDP: $0.9 Trillion (1.4% of world)

[Source: World Bank 2010]

---

Mathematically, America controls roughly one-quarter of the Earth's wealth. That's huge, a percentage managed historically only by the British Empire prior to World War I. For better or worse, we're the elephant in the room.

Your sig, dfiant, is burning an American flag for a reason...we are a collapsing hegemon.

My signature is a picture from an American band called Anti-Flag, who ironically are anti-american.

And to quote the words of Jello Biafra 'War means money' - so who exactly is profiting from war?

Quote:My signature is a picture from an American band called Anti-Flag, who ironically are anti-american.

Yes, it is called cultural contribution, something Australians should try some time. Here are some examples to get started (Sorry, I can't list everything):

Music: Jazz, Rock, Blues, Blue Grass, Rap, Country, Hip-Hop, Soul, Gospel, R & B.

Literature: Free Verse, Slam Poetry, Beat Poetry, Confessional, Neo-Aesthetic, Neo-Lyric, Modern Mystery, Modern Horror, and 288,355 new publications in a single year (that would be the most by Nation).

Film: Sound, Color, 3D, 4 out of the top 10 best films ever by Sight and Sound, and the largest grossing film industry every year since 1920.

Cuisine: Shrimp Et Tu Fe, Oysters Rockefeller, Eggs Benedict, Bananas Foster, Cioppino, Caezar Salad, Pancakes, Key Lime Pie, Chili Con Carne, Main Lobster, Hamburgers, Pecan Pie, Elk Medallions in Red Wine, Sautéed Morels, Jambalaya, Fajitas, and New England Clam Chowder to name a few.

Art: Abstract Expressionism, Pop Art, Minimalism, Fluxus, Populous, Photo-Secession, Conceptual, Precisionist, and the Hudson River School.

Dance: Modern Dance, Jazz, Tap, Fox Trot, Swing, Jive, Two-Step, Zydeco.

Quote:And to quote the words of Jello Biafra 'War means money' - so who exactly is profiting from war?

Those countries that sit by idly or contribute nominally to their own protection and security as well as the protection and security of strategic resources and lands from enemies, those countries that rely on their allies to do 90% of the work profit the most, I know that. There are several of those countries around.

Here is my prediction for the future. I will become Anti-Aussie, as they have done so little in developing anything culturally or scientifically--10 Nobel Prize winners, really--that the nation should be considered a leach on the rest of the world. I also predict that Australia will continue to do nothing heroic, beautiful, interesting, or noteworthy and just get by with the privileges associated with being part of the English Speaking World. But what can one expect from a country descended from Britain's unwanted criminal element? :tongue:

Hmmm...what a very very nasty peice of work you have turned out to be...Oh well.

dfiant Wrote:Hmmm...what a very very nasty peice of work you have turned out to be...Oh well.

Yes, sorry. Sometimes it takes being "a nasty piece of work" to get one's point across. Coincidentally, that was pretty much my reaction to the last few posts you had made on here and other threads, I just didn't say it because personal insults are against the rules of Gay Speak and I thought it best to adopt a wait and see attitude, as one cannot really get an accurate picture of a person by just a few posts. Indeed, I doubt you are all that bad of a person really. You just happen to have some opinions that are based on misinformation and popular (if misguided) sentiment. It seems that if a person is going to be passionate about a topic, that person should be informed or seek to inform themselves on said topic.

Speaking of which, your response to Cloud999's post didn't seem adequate at all. You were wrong, you made comments which were inaccurate, and when he corrected you, you responded with Anit-American Rhetoric based on ideology, an ideology which is rather hypocritical considering.

I really don't have a problem with Australia. I mean, I don't like the Sydney accent, but that is not a reason to hate an entire people. Simply put, I just wanted you to experience some of what you had been putting out. Sorry that I had to offend you to do so, as offense was the point.

My opinions are my opinions, there is no right and there is no wrong....MY OPINIONS.

To respond to an opinion, which pretty much was a personal attack is just plain wrong.

My opinions and comments are about America...the country, not America the people. I see American citizen as much a victim of Global politics as any other citizens under such oppressive administrations, Australia included.

My comments about the USA going bankrupt is simple economics. The world wouldn't follow suit, the world would be faced with new challenges and forced to do things differently.

It never takes being a nasty peice of work to get a point across, the only point you did get across is you are nasty.

I'm not the slightest bit offended, because unlike you I don't live in a fantasy world where everything is OK and my governement is honest and doing the right thing for me. I at no point aimed any of my comments at any single person, just the institutions that are telling you that 'Everything is fine and dandy', you on the other hand have lowered the shots.