Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does a hook up work?
just raw sex; no emotional attachment whatsoever. not my cup of tea

trywait Wrote:just raw sex; no emotional attachment whatsoever. not my cup of tea
That's what I was thinking xD.

As has been said, it's important to always play safe; use condoms.

Just throwing this out there:
I get the sense that some don't play safe during hookups when there is just oral.

The demographics of oral cancer are changing. It use to be connected to older smokers with poor oral health, but now it's younger men. I just read a case of a 34 yo male, non smoker, non drinker who had tonsillar-cancer where his tonsils and a good portion of the back of his throat had to be removed. The cause of his cancer = HPV.

HPV is being linked to oral cancers in men similar to the link to cervical cancer in women. It's projected that the number of HPV-oral cancers diagnosed each year will surpass that of cervical cancers by the year 2020. HPV in MSM is at 57% across all age groups.

It's very important to make sure your dentist does an oral cancer screening when you get your teeth cleaned every six months.

(There's also evidence that two viruses, HPV and EBV, collaborate together and cause most male prostate cancers. Anal cancer can be caused by the persistent infection with multiple strains of HPV.)