Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does flirting work?
Hi! I feel like it's time for me to ut myself out there and find a guy for me. And I thought I why don't I learn to flirt. I think it's a good skill to havejust in case. Does anyone have any ideas on how flirting works?

lol, I didn't have a clue until I was able to do it with my boy :p Practice makes perfect xD

I like to think of flirting has nothing more than conversation, conversation with ulterior motives that is...Psychomad

Waylon777 Wrote:Hi! I feel like it's time for me to ut myself out there and find a guy for me. And I thought I why don't I learn to flirt. I think it's a good skill to havejust in case. Does anyone have any ideas on how flirting works?

A skill I could use.
I'v been thinking it is my turn to have a bf!

Waylon777 Wrote:Hi! I feel like it's time for me to ut myself out there and find a guy for me. And I thought I why don't I learn to flirt. I think it's a good skill to havejust in case. Does anyone have any ideas on how flirting works?

Well first of all, you need to be able to make compliments, and a really heartfelt one is the best.

Secondly you need to be good with repartee, Someone said what attracts a guy most is confidence and I'd also say humour. Say something funny and you'll get people's barriers down.

I'd recommend watching some Gay Themed movies; if they are well written there is often one character (or more) who has / have that repartee, or that knack for cracking a funny joke or a funny line. You could take stock from that.

Don't belittle someone to make yourself look more important. Don't over belittle yourself either, unless you make it sound like you've understood it to be untrue.

Finally a good old one, be ready to LISTEN to them. Make them understand that you are interested in them by listening. (The balance should be good though, between you listening and them wanting to learn a bit about you too). Confusedmile:

So it's just a casual conversation...with compliments and some other stuffs to get the guy's guard down. hmm cool. Thanks for the advice! Hope I get to use it. Also, is eye contact important? I usually avoid looking at the eyes for a peculiar reason..

Waylon, if you are truly interested, I'm sure you'll be interested in looking him in the eye... Eye contact is important when flirting... even be it a short glance... a peep from time to time... can be interpreted as flirting, or at least interest.

Yeah, I do wanna look into the eyes. But then I just get crazy intemidated for some reason.

Oh, I wish I could flirt. I know and understand how I -should- do it, but I get scared, intimidated, and then I'll blow it off with a nice, girly, childish giggle, which I only do when I'm nervous and I have -NO- idea what to do or say. No need to even try to flirt after that Tongue

Don't forget touch too. Not enough to be creepy, but just enough to let him know it wasn't accidental. I would also suggest not being afraid to explore innuendo, but I suppose that depends on the prevailing culture where you come from and your personal ultimate goal in this exercise Rolleyes