Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How far we have come
On the shoulders of the fallen we shall build our civilization
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

Stonewall to Las Cruces glbtq center where I volunteer, much has changed, some has not, I wellcome all the newbies and their questions. Just know that u are not alone and all of this has gone on for many centuries. I am very glad the young people of today can feel it is ok to be out cause it should be. Remember the fallen that made it possible, and when one of your older mentors says maybe we can talk, just maybe Its more for them than u, James

James Wrote:On the shoulders of the fallen we shall build our civilization

Me thinks you have a little bit of a mixed metaphor there. The shoulders of the fallen aren't very high, and building on graves is disrespectful. ;o)

But seriously I agree with what you are saying.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

i get easily confused with metaphors.

The Virgin Wrote:i get easily confused with metaphors.
Could be because I am not very good with them, but I hope the idea comes through and we carry on, James

in some ways we have come too far, for those people that can't come out,that live in countries or towns etc that no matter how far we have come it will never be far enough to help them,it must be hard knowing that the country or town or workplace where you are is still far away from the rest of the gay world.

simon Wrote:in some ways we have come too far, for those people that can't come out,that live in countries or towns etc that no matter how far we have come it will never be far enough to help them,it must be hard knowing that the country or town or workplace where you are is still far away from the rest of the gay world.
We must conquer the hearts of one country at a time. It is unfortunate it must be this way but overcoming the restrictions of each religion would be to much all at once, James

Its a great post.

Thank you.

I celebrate the advances we have made, but there is still so much to be done. Last night BBC television showed one man's journey to Uganda where he encountered a terrifying homophobia and extraordinary courage of some that country's gay and lesbian people.

Scott Mills seemed to begin the journey as cocky as any national radio dj ought to be, but by the end I think he was suitably over-awed and humbled by his experiences.

Sometimes in the quiet of the night, I believe I can still hear and see my friends who have pasted before me. I watched "as he band played on" the other night and remembered how politics played a big role on who lived and who died, I remember watching scott as he deteriorated and eventually died because the business of blood transfusions was more important than the people who received the transfusions. Sorry this is very emotional for me. How far we have come, yet how far we have to go, James