Poll: How have the Covid-19 lockdowns affected your work?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I'm working from home indefinitely until it's safe
30.77%
4 30.77%
I'm working from home but will have to return soon
15.38%
2 15.38%
I'm a 'Key Worker' and working as usual
15.38%
2 15.38%
I'm at home - off work but will have to return soon
0%
0 0%
I'm at home - off work on full pay until my company reopens
0%
0 0%
I'm at home - off work but have been furloughed
15.38%
2 15.38%
I've been laid off work and unemployed
7.69%
1 7.69%
I was unemployed before this happened
0%
0 0%
I'm Freelance but have less work
15.38%
2 15.38%
I'm retired
0%
0 0%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How have the Covid-19 lockdowns affected your work?
@Cridders88 That's good. I know most dentists have closed up (except for emergencies). I don't know if you have heard about how the state of Georgia plans to open up next week, just blows my mind. In the last few days I have heard every nonsensical theory about COVID-19. It escaped from a lab. It was purposefully created. Obama and Fauci created it. It's part of Agenda 21. I wish I was being sarcastic. Right now I feel like it's the United States of Potatoes.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • Cridders88

(04-23-2020, 12:13 PM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: @Cridders88 That's good. I know most dentists have closed up (except for emergencies). I don't know if you have heard about how the state of Georgia plans to open up next week, just blows my mind. In the last few days I have heard every nonsensical theory about COVID-19. It escaped from a lab. It was purposefully created. Obama and Fauci created it. It's part of Agenda 21. I wish I was being sarcastic. Right now I feel like it's the United States of Potatoes.
Trump and co are only stirring that pot to deflect from their own problems, I feel like they are grateful for every distraction, even if it comes from conspiracy theory pages. Currently more than 3/4 of Americans are in favor of shelter at home/social distancing programs because they see the results and almost nobody supports the protesting loons from last weekend.

@Cridders88 , be happy you got furloughed in the UK instead of the US. Getting unemployment benefits in the US is a terrible process, especially here in Florida where I live.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

(04-23-2020, 02:51 PM)Bhp91126 Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 12:13 PM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: @Cridders88 That's good. I know most dentists have closed up (except for emergencies). I don't know if you have heard about how the state of Georgia plans to open up next week, just blows my mind. In the last few days I have heard every nonsensical theory about COVID-19. It escaped from a lab. It was purposefully created. Obama and Fauci created it. It's part of Agenda 21. I wish I was being sarcastic. Right now I feel like it's the United States of Potatoes.

@Cridders88 , be happy you got furloughed in the UK instead of the US. Getting unemployment benefits in the US is a terrible process, especially here in Florida where I live.

Yeah, it seems like it is a lot tougher in the US in that regard. I consider myself very lucky to still have my job once this is all over and to still be paid. One of the few things the government has gotten right here. Not sure how long they can keep this furlough going however. I think initially it is for 3 months.

@Bhp91126 It would seem like that most Americans support staying at home but around here what I see being posted by locals is a bit alarming.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

@InbetweenDreams I can understand if people living far away from cities and Covid 19 centers bristle about stay-at-home orders. With some common sense they could interpret the orders a lot looser than people in the cities.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

There isn't an option for my conditions. I have my own building and storefront which has been closed since March 17 BUT I have alot of work to do inside my store due to other events that unfolded prior to the outbreak that are unrelated and also the online portion of my business exploded so I have been busier than I usually am and still not caught up. If I don't kick it up a notch or two I may not be opening on June 1 assuming they don't move it back again.

I'm working from home, which I'm very grateful for, but the nature of my job has changed a bit. I'm doing humane education and community outreach for an animal shelter, and the shelter itself is considered essential. So even though my own role isn't essential, because we are contracted with the city, I have job security at least for now.

Since I work with the public - I used to either give tours of the shelter or travel to classrooms / community meetings to give presentations - everything has kind of moved online...and I watch a lot of webinars and make spreadsheets and stuff now.

My organization has said we will be operating as we are now at least through August. But for me, my job won't return to anything like how it used to be, until schools, after schools, summer camps, and other community programs start letting kids take field trips / allow visitors back into them... or even open again, which is planned to be part of the final phase of reopening here. So who knows.

As a workaholic though, it's been a little difficult. I'm finding myself less motivated, more likely to procrastinate on things I would have dived into right away before. So in a way I'm having a bit of an identity crisis that I'm not that "give 110% and be as busy and productive as possible all day long" mentality anymore.. But I'm trying to practice a little self empathy and not be too hard on myself about it.

I'm stuck at work, and have seen only the worse in human nature these last couple of months. its been nothing short of an eye opener and a really depressing realization that mankind is disgusting. I'm emotionally drained and my happiness has pretty much dried up.

@"Rod" Sorry to hear that. What kind of work do you do?

I have noticed that the people who are out camping (I saw more people there than there is for the 4th of July...crazy) are the really stuck up white people type....the type that want extra mayonnaise on everything. I mean most are up here from Florida but these are the "reopen everything now" people.
Check out my stuff!

@InbetweenDreams

I work in a pharmacy, so i guess the patients are already pretty negative. Alot of them are just so rude and they should be grateful- and many of them are. but i still cant help but be bitter after being rammed by a shopping cart. oh well. im taking it day by day. patience goes a long way. i hope its all over soon...