Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long before...
Hi guys, so i have a question for me and a friend of mine...

How long after a serious relationship breaks up should a person wait to start seeing someone else?
Nobody wants to rebound of course, but how long after is it no longer a rebound?
And what if your still in love with the ex and have hope they will come back but also have doubts that they will aswell.

I mean... serious relationships have time apart sometimes and if you go straight into dating again or have N.S.A fun with someone and the relationship then heals and gets back on track....the fun/ dates are going to cause a problem i imagine?
So when is a break up...actually past the point of no return?
Me and my fella break up all the time but usually sort out after a week or two lol. So unless its plainly obvious its over...how long before one can assume their spouse isnt returning?

thanks for reading xx

Depends on the Person really, i took a year and a half of been happily single then my current bf came out of no where to change me to wanting a relation ship, so alll depends, can't rush a relationship let it just happen

Personally I'd say whenever a person feels ready. We all get over things at different speeds. A friend of mine couldn't get over his girlfriend for 6 months yet another friend got over their partner after 3 weeks *cough slut* Best advice I could give to a person is to think things through logically and weigh things up. By then hopefully they would be able to make a choice when the time to move on is. But like I said everyones different.

I aim for a year... I did rebound once, and was beaten for it... Rolleyes So I learned to hold back and not get involved for about a year.

But this is subject to change, depending on the last relationship, where things went.

I personally don't do a break-up as merely threat - when I say its over it really is over and I don't go back. To me this is a serious enough thing to be reserved for when I no longer believe things can be worked out between 'us'.

The time after a relationship should best be served working on you. If you are stuck in the mode of 'He did X. He wasn't Y.' then you most likely are not ready to 'move on'.

There are exceptions, if the person really did serious damage like abuse, then it is expected for the 'He did X' to go on for a long time.

I remember someone telling me a year or more is the best time to wait. Its worked for me and I'm dating again now.

jamiebfd Wrote:Me and my fella break up all the time but usually sort out after a week or two lol.

Also, this doesn't sound too healthy within a relationship.

You need to consider someone else right after the X has moved out.
-As soon as you can stand emotionally on your 2feet and love your self again.
-your ring finger dosnt show any more
-you start whoring around with men.

if you have been with someone 7years i would expect it would take a lot of time. A year or more. Just to clear his name off everything.

I think 12 months is sufficient time to get your head together.

it differs from person to person.

I've known people that jump from long term relationship to long term relationship with barely a break in between.

There is not specific time its not physics.

As long as you think you'll be back together with your ex any date is a rebound also it depends on the situation.

let me give you an example if you were the one that broke up you seem to be more confident with your descision so you may be able to date lets say by the next week or so. On the other hand if you were the other person you would propably need more time to get over it. Still it depends on the person.

i agree that it's about the individual person. whenever you feel comfortable being alone with yourself then it's time to let someone else in. so that one avoids the emotional dependence.