Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long did you take to move on from your first 'love'?
10 years later, he still visits my dreams, and that's OK. I never wanted to delete him from my memory - only the pain. And that fades with time.

2-3 years. Not really normal. Was closeted so had no support network, and seeing a guy I realy liked turn from 'gay' to 'straight' was confusing. Didn't know what bisexuality was at the time. Today I would more call it 'infatuation', besides awkward cuddling there was no admittence of feelings, kissing, etc., eventually had to realize that my crush was becoming an unhealthy obsession that would lead no where - best to move on. Wasn't as easy as I make it sound. But did it anyway.

Recommend for you to move on, you'll feel better in time and be a better person for it. Recovering from an unreturned love in my opinion makes it less likely for you to be in an unhealthy relationship in the future, because you develop the skills to end a relationship.

If I can be kind of bold; what you're feeling is infatuation, because no love is being returned. Not that it's not painful, but it might help to realize that when you experience real love it will bring stress and problems but still be a better experience than this one.