Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long should you wait till you date etc?
Little background, so I've started online dating after a few of being single.

So I get chatting to a few guys and chatting more, I've been talking through text with a couple of guys. One of them actually got around to actually ringing me last night which was great but the other one just seems to just want to text and not talk on the phone, we have sent dirty pics and that but that is all.

How long would you expect to wait to go on dates with someone? Just feels like it's taking an age.

When should you say that's enough and move on?

There's no timelimit, some people would love for a coffee on the same day, others would like to wait a week before making that step.

I've been waiting 6 weeks :l

Sounds like FOBO... fear of better options. THEY are maybe kinda interested, but not enough to commit to actually meeting.

I'd have moved on by now.

6 weeks seems a little long to be honest. I have to say, I am not one of these guys who is keen on going straight on a date without at least a few days of conversation beforehand, but then that's because I am usually too anxious to suggest it or even think about it initially. I'd say a week, maximum two, otherwise it just goes on and on. After all, you are only going to get to know the REAL person by meeting them face to face.

I'm starting to agree I think. Hmm I've been where those guys are.

There is another guy I'm interested in and he's up for meeting sooner than later. Just haven't spoken to them over the phone yet.

There's no time limit mate just go for it.
An eye for an eye

artyboy Wrote:I'm starting to agree I think. Hmm I've been where those guys are.

There is another guy I'm interested in and he's up for meeting sooner than later. Just haven't spoken to them over the phone yet.

That's good Smile. I do think it is nice to have a phone chat before meeting, though that hasn't always happened on the dates I have been on. Makes sense though.

If you asked and you are waiting for 6 weeks, move on, because who knows maybe all this long wait and you'll eventually meet and he turns out to be not what you expected. If you didn't ask maybe he is wating until you ask?

Ask the guy who called you if he wants to go on a date.