Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many GS users have found ...
Beau Wrote:Geez, don't bother reading my post or anything. Am on ignore or something?

Like I said, I met my boyfriend on this site. We met in the chat room and found we had a lot in common. During the week we have over 100 miles of distance between us, but on the weekends one of us travels to the other. We are going to move in together in June so no more missing each other during the week.

Sorry Beau

I've talked to some folks. But I cannot form friendships online. That does not just mean here that's any forum I'm on. And I'm on multiple. Now if this place was a building with real face to face interaction....different ballgame entirely. I just don't do online friendships...ditto relationships.

Just being honest here.

Mick

Probably It's too early for me, but I admit I like many of the things that I read here and in the future I will want to meet someone (or everyone hahah!).
I attend online community like forums since 10 (!!!) years ago, and I found some people that now I consider much more important than acquaintances, even if they lived far. Now he's me the one who lives far... ;-)
I went to many meetings of the people from these community etc.

It would be a pleasure to know some of you in 'real life'. ;-)

A girfliend or boyfriend? Never. Maybe only if I meet him/her online and after a friendship we hang out many times etc.

no relationships- no friends. probably the results of an on/off forum-like attendance. I am a haphazard internet goer who has no place. all i can say is that there is a delicate care for the users here. concern and shelter when no one else in the world gives a damn about you.

I like this site because i can just chat, and not be propositioned, like theres other places for that. Londoner are you aware of channel 203 on telly, rabbit gay chat and date, though i met. My ex-partner through that, most of the time guys just want a "quickie"

I would not rule out meeting someone through her if that came about. Afterall we are just humans conversing, and anybody can join.

Hi Partisan: Yes, I am aware of channel 203 but I would never use it. It's not my style. I have watched it a little but frankly all the people posting there seem a little sad and as you say, most a just looking for a quickie. GS is much more friendly, Of course I have only been a member here for a very short time and so far have not made any friends. I think that my age puts a lot of people off. I have nothing against pen friends. I said in my very first post that I'm not looking for sex, just cultured friends with whom I can share my interests.

On the contrary, i think you have made friends, by the way people have replied to you. you probably have more friends than i. I left once because i felt this way, but came back because i missed the chat regardless of the friends i didnt have. Plus im new to this format, writing things down instead of saying them, and its like education for me in that sense, some people here speak so well. Yes rabbit is like that, a lot of married men looking for a dirty pic or some "no-strings fun" theres also them who want instant relationship and 99% of the time they havent a pic, thats important i think. I didnt know beau had found someone through here, so can be done, and cant see why not. I do like this place for just what it is as well though.

Relationship, meet face to face - almost... but that didn't end well.Rolleyes

Now I am leery of the whole 'lets meet' thing, and am especially leery of guys who ask too many questions. No one gets my phone number, address, pictures - I don't care who you are, or who you claim to be. I was burnt... badly.

Friends - sure. There is a nice PM feature, we can keep chatting that way.

Lovers - most likely not until I get a certified copy of your birth certificate, three letters of introductions from three different therapists (who my PI or myself can verify are real people) who will sign off that you are not a f---ing nut job, a copy of your ID and allow my Investigator to do a little digging to find out just a little more about you - where you live, how many prisons/institutions you have been in... statements from past surviving partners (exes)...

My "luck" in relationships is pretty bad... Apparently I draw abusers and malicious, manipulative people like honey draws flies (or is that bees?). On line, off line - no matter where I go the guys who are drawn to me are usually pretty whacked or have serious unhealthy 'issues'.

So relationships are out of the question - I guess.

I was kind of waiting for you chime in Bowyn. I'm not completely aware of everything that happened, but I understand it was pretty awful for you.

You are justifiably wary Bowyn Aerrow. I was attacked in my own home by one person I had invited. I'm not sure that I would go as far as you say you would go though but I would most certainly be much, much more wary now if I found someone sufficiently interesting and most certainly the first meetings (plural) would be in a totally safe environment.