Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many GS users have found ...
I haven't been here enough long enough to confidently say I've made friends here, but there are several people I've talked with here that I certainly would like to be friends with. I am hesitant to say I would ever enter into a relationship with someone from this site. First of all, I have like a phobia of getting into a relationship with someone from another country, because I'm worried I'd never actually get to meet that person and spend a significant amount of time with him. Secondly, I'd want to visit them, and know them in person. It's difficult to do that with some random person that can live any which where from online. Not that I'm putting it out the window, I'll fall in love with who I fall in love with..

I have, however, met friends on other sites who I've met in person. Jst friends, however. Smile

I love this place and I never miss the opportunity to trumpet for it.

I've been here for a few years, and the people on here, are so kind, so understanding, so helpful, I don't have the words to describe it.

I've never actually met someone from here in person but I feel close to so many of the people I've met on here.

Richard

"On the contrary, i think you have made friends, by the way people have replied to you. you probably have more friends than i. I left once because i felt this way, but came back because i missed the chat regardless of the friends i didnt have. Plus im new to this format, writing things down instead of saying them, and its like education for me in that sense, some people here speak so well. Yes rabbit is like that, a lot of married men looking for a dirty pic or some "no-strings fun" theres also them who want instant relationship and 99% of the time they havent a pic, thats important i think. I didnt know beau had found someone through here, so can be done, and cant see why not. I do like this place for just what it is as well though.[

Thanks Partisan but there is a big difference between being friendly as most people are on GS, and being an actual friend. A friend is someone with whom you have a much more one on one relationship.

i got very good firnds on here it was princealberto and his boyfrind who use to b on here.we do phone call and text nd get eachsother presents and cards.we are meetup oneday i hhpe

i got very good firnds on here it was princealberto and his boyfrind who use to b on here.we do phone call and text nd get eachsother presents and cards.we are meetup oneday i hhpe

That's a very nice positive post.

I have met people on here that I feel are friends. I've never met anyone from here in person though. I tend to not have close male friends for some reason. Would like to and think about it but old personal shit get in the way. I have one close lady friend. She knows all my life story from years of us walking our dogs together. Someday would like a close male friend. I say that all the time to myself and then don't seem to let it happen Smile

A couple of people banter back and forth with me in posts.
One person has become a semi-chat friend. We send each other messages when we have something to say.

Nobody else is interested.

Thats it for my portion.

I'm more of a lone wolf and generally keep to myself.

I consider gay speak to be a friend, and in that sense, it's members gain that status as well. Though I may not generally speak to the members directly, I can see that a majority of you seem to be really nice people.

Yesterday the roommate was watching TV and there was an investigative reporter team checking out internet scams. Apparently liars and manipulation and con-artists are a dime a dozen on the internet.

I started a thread on this right after the ugly started coming down... I never did get into the details of the 'end story', but the individual I dealt with attempted to pull in the old nightmares of my past.

This person spent 6 months carefully 'mining' for information about my childhood. It appears that learning that I was a survivor of abuse was all they needed to latch on. Fortunately I am pretty tight lipped about the details, so they didn't get much data, but the data they did get they dug and dug and dug, it was this individual who learned that my mother had died - I wasn't aware of her death, but then I kept a solid distance between her and me.

This person also went to abuse forums and 'fished' for data from other victims of abuse, spending many hours a day in chat rooms, sending pms trying to get into the personal lives of individuals and dig for more data.

Their 'specialty' appears to be victims of ritual abuse. I talked to a few others over the months at other forums and not only did our little friend pump for data, but took parts of our histories to concoct their character, pulling in a little from here, a little from there to appear to be one of us.

The individual wasn't just a casual liar, this is a person who spent months, hours a day dedicating themselves to pretending to be this character. How on earth did they keep their story straight? Cliff notes?

What kind of mind operates like this? How many more of them are out there?

Yes I have met manipulative liars in my life - a general theme, but I have never met one quite so dedicated to this sort of thing.