Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you meet someone of the same gender?
Hey,
I'm in a college setting, and I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to meet people are gay/bisexual. I mean I'm pretty sure now that I fall into the "gay" category if I must be labeled, but how can I meet someone like me. I know the only TRUE way of knowing my sexuality is to date someone of the same gender. Any tips?

-Nikolai :redface:

Well, are there any gay bars/clubs in your area? You're 19, but I think some bars/clubs let 18-20 inside.

I am sharing the same concern too. Actually, I just started looking out 3 months ago. And I think I make some progress even though I haven't made any close gay friends yet. So here is how it starts:

About me: I am 19, in closet, college student in a not-so-gay university/city and I am studying a not-so-gay major also.

First, I looked up on Grindr and started talking to some people. There are not high chance of making real friend on grindr but it is not impossible. Sometimes, if the person is nice enough, I asked them to meet. Can be just a night of friendship or mess around depend on the situation.
With some people, I added their facebook. After adding about 3-4 gay facebook, I realize that this world is small. Most of the gay guys in my school relate to each other somehow. By stalking facebook, I can know a little bit about who is gay who is not. Also, by that way, you don't have to be out to public but other gay guys can still know that you are gay by looking at your facebook. (for example, if I see a facebook profile has 3 mutual friends with me and they are all gay, he 's def gay ).

The second step is coming out to some friends and they will lead you to where you want.

learn thru observation. you can't just ask someone upfront about their sexuality. you need to carefully understand someone's behaviour and make your own conclusions. then you can move forward to asking the guy (of course after establishing friendship)

A good way to meet is a gay bar, perhaps find a site like his one with other gay guys interested in whatever hobbies youre into and check if they're in your area?

or you could just blink at a guy, and see the response. if he'll wink his eyes right back at you, you're pretty sure you'll have a good shot in taking him to bed. but if he punches you back, then that means he's not on the same team as yours.