Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many dates have you been on?
^^ I think that went way over my head ^^

Roflmao I hate the word "shy", I get labeled as that all the time but I'm just quiet.

I seem to have evolved to a stage where dating has become something like obsolete. If you want sex, why have ot pay for dinner?? If you want something more substantial why bother when you can stay in on the sofa with a warm pot of tea and each other's sparkling conversation?? The only situation where anything resembling a 'date' could possibly go on is the awakwrd 'meeting for coffee' that inevitably turns into getting a coffee to go and finding someone's house to sit on a sofa and canoodle instead.

For these reasons, in the traditional sense, i've never been on a date. I've had much more fun canoodling in in/appropiate places instead. (LOVE the word canoodling, so very rarely get to use it in a sentence :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: )

sox-and-the-city Wrote:I seem to have evolved to a stage where dating has become something like obsolete...

(LOVE the word canoodling, so very rarely get to use it in a sentence :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: )
Errrk, alors! How very modern :eek:

"Canoodling" - damn, you're right. A much underused word. I'm sure there must be ways of using it more often. Maybe I'll see if I can, oodles of times :redface:

With women, quite a few I suppose. Men not so much, yet.

Saying that, I've never been a big one for "dating" but I suppose you can count anything that starts with vaguely working out what to do tonight and ends with sex or crashing out in a pile on the nearest furniture, depending on mood. A lot of times that'd be a homemade meal + music/conversation/movie + couple of bottles of wine, which beats the hell out of a packed multiplex cinema or gambling on a good meal but doesn't count as a date (does it?)

Cheap? Romantic? Married for years? All of the above?

Quite a few... some memorable, some I want to forget.

Arthur.FWT Wrote:With women, quite a few I suppose. Men not so much, yet.

Saying that, I've never been a big one for "dating" but I suppose you can count anything that starts with vaguely working out what to do tonight and ends with sex or crashing out in a pile on the nearest furniture, depending on mood. A lot of times that'd be a homemade meal + music/conversation/movie + couple of bottles of wine, which beats the hell out of a packed multiplex cinema or gambling on a good meal but doesn't count as a date (does it?)

Cheap? Romantic? Married for years? All of the above?

You know, this type of date (or evening) would be perfect for me. This has been a couple of recent dates for me. Sadly enough, I don't know what is becoming of the guy I had these dates with.

Although, to complicate things, he asked me to become a roommate of his for the time being as well...

Quote: How many dates have you been on?
With a girl: 0
With a guy: 0
So yep i've never dated...or anything remotly close to it.

As for a date in the future....well i guess they say "never say never" LOL Smile there is always that chance...
Or maybe i'm one of those people which will be single forever LOL (thats fine too)

72jay Wrote:With a girl: 0
With a guy: 0
So yep i've never dated...or anything remotly close to it.

As for a date in the future....well i guess they say "never say never" LOL Smile there is always that chance...
Or maybe i'm one of those people which will be single forever LOL (thats fine too)

OK, call me a stalker, but I read through your posts, and if I were in the area, I think I would consider dating you or getting to know you. You sound like someone who has been where I was before a few years ago.

Thanks JtheYoungBear .. and nope, wouldn't call you a stalker just for reading through my posts Smile LOL isn't that what forums like this are for? Smile