Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many languages do you speak?
Seeing that this is a world wide forum and there's people on here from all over the place......

[COLOR="SeaGreen"]How many of you are fluent in other languages?[/COLOR]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMCTGfchAlaiFQ5-md1Wt...0RA8yROMSw]

I know English......"American" English that is.
I can understand a few dialects of English.

I tried learning French and Russian, but I'm one of those people that have to be living in it, in order to "get it". So, other languages are difficult for me.

I can read French and know what some words mean, but thats about it.

Other than that, its English.

I'm fluent in Polish and Italian. Hope that I have advanced level of English and I can communicate in Spanish. Apart from that I'm able to translate latin and ancient greek texts Smile

Krzysztof Wrote:I'm fluent in Polish and Italian. Hope that I have advanced level of English and I can communicate in Spanish. Apart from that I'm able to translate latin and ancient greek texts Smile

Hey sexy!!! Where have you been? Have not seen you on here in a while!!
XyxwaveMaleloviesFuzz

I've been studying (languages btw :-P) and writing thesis

I dont understand any languages. Tongue

I'm fluent in English and Russian. And I can say something in French and Spanish.

Fluent? Only two I'm afraid. Nothing like the Hungarian I knew many years ago who was fluent in no less than thirteen languages and that included several Arabic dialects! In spite of that, when he escaped from Hungary in 1956, he couldn't find a job. Basically the reason was that when he put it in his resumé, nobody believed him. He did eventually find employment when he applied for a job that specified the languages they wanted.

I tried learning Russian and Greek but as I had no one to teach me how to write, I found it frustrating and gave up although in the case of Greek, I got to the stage where I could read out loud from a written text but didn't understand a word I was saying.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I only speak english ( whether the way i speak is english is debatable )

Fluent: Only my first language, Italian.
I can also speak english, but for a native I'm definitely not fluent heheh.
I understand a bit of Spanish cause is very similar to Italian.

I tried Nihongo (Japanese) but it's too much difficult to learn without a teacher, imho, I also want to start French asap, but the main thing is improve my english to speak fluently.

LONDONER Wrote:Nothing like the Hungarian I knew many years ago who was fluent in no less than thirteen languages and that included several Arabic dialects!
I know some people from the Eastern Europe, Hungarian, Bulgarian, Czech, Byelorussian etc, cause they're escaped from various situations in their country, and all of them were able to speak at least 3-4 languages before coming to Italy and learn a perfect or at least fluent Italian... Undecided A girl younger than me, after that went to the UK to do the Uni (and learn a better english), and then... A master degree in China... LOL
I really envy this kind of people, their attitude. ;-)