Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many languages do you speak?
Sate watashi wa ikutsu ka no nihongo o hanasu

But I often make mistakes and phrase things odd sometimes, but I've been doing it for 3 years. I can read Romanji nearly perfect(non-slang/formal-romanized Japanese) but I still have loads of trouble with Kanji (語Wink.

I was never taught to read or write Kanji, so I can hold up a conversation...in Romanji lol , but I guess I'm only "half" fluent since there are 2 ways to visually communicate in Japanese.

Speaking it is still a bit of an issue because of my own accent/vernacular, but I'm fairly adept at it.

I also did 4 years of French and can speak it moderately well, I'm not fluent anymore, but I think I could get around in Paris ;p

I also am now learning Dominican Republic Spanish(with help from our very own SouthB), as I have a house guest from there and I can so far ask and answer simple phrases and such. Not exactly fluent, but apparently Me Hablar Español Bien.

Not to mention I can speak and understand the different variations of Patois from the other islands, such as Jamaica and Trinidad. Including our own(vernacular) obviously Rofl

Well, Finnish of course and what I've been told, my English is good. I can speak little bit of Swedish, and very little bit of French and Spanish.

English, rusty Spanish

Just English.

All of them just by repeating things loudly in english and pointing at things.

I'm only fluent in Swedish and English really. Speak a little Spanish and minimal Japanese.

We're having a hard enough time perfecting our conversational English language, let alone think about other languages.

Three actually.

Raised Africkaans, I switched to English, you be the judge of my success.

The third one is body language. Unfortunately, mine can be very clear..:frown:

Not gonna say I'm fluent with English... because I'm not, but I understand it tbh so it kinda makes two languages I guess. lol

Sylph Wrote:Sate watashi wa ikutsu ka no nihongo o hanasu

But I often make mistakes and phrase things odd sometimes, but I've been doing it for 3 years. I can read Romanji nearly perfect(non-slang/formal-romanized Japanese) but I still have loads of trouble with Kanji (語Wink.

I was never taught to read or write Kanji, so I can hold up a conversation...in Romanji lol , but I guess I'm only "half" fluent since there are 2 ways to visually communicate in Japanese.

Speaking it is still a bit of an issue because of my own accent/vernacular, but I'm fairly adept at it.

I also did 4 years of French and can speak it moderately well, I'm not fluent anymore, but I think I could get around in Paris ;p

I also am now learning Dominican Republic Spanish(with help from our very own SouthB), as I have a house guest from there and I can so far ask and answer simple phrases and such. Not exactly fluent, but apparently Me Hablar Español Bien.

Not to mention I can speak and understand the different variations of Patois from the other islands, such as Jamaica and Trinidad. Including our own(vernacular) obviously Rofl

[Image: hand-point-up-2.jpg]

Learning how to say "Hey baby, you got a nickel, I got the time" in 40 different languages.