Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many languages do you speak?
Apart from Malaysian language; which we usually call it Bahasa, I only know English. I don't think I can speak fluently in English, but I guess I'm pretty okay.

As I was born Muslim, perhaps I could say I can read Jawi. I'm pretty sure every Malay can do this. Basically, it's replacing the Latin alphabet with the Arabic ones. Also, I think I can still read the Quran (I couldn't understand a single word though), but it has to have the diacritics - those punctuation, signs and stuff.

I thought the international language of love was spoken and understood by everyone?

I'm fluent in English, studied Russian and still remember some and am actually in the process of learning Amharic right now.

I guess American Sign Language isn't a "spoken" language.
So, in that case, only one!

English, Mandarin, Shanghainese, Japanese, minimal Cantonese, and I guess I have a good grasp of Latin.

I was raised speaking tagalog (Filipino language), and when I entered school, English was the medium of instruction..

Sometimes when conversing with locals, i use Taglish (mixed Tagalog and English)

PenguinPecker Wrote:I guess American Sign Language isn't a "spoken" language.
So, in that case, only one!

It may not be a "foreign" language, but it IS a learned language....so it does count!

Wish I had the money to take some sign language classes.

Just the 2.

You can look at my location to figure out what is my native language.

Although, sweet Evan88 has introduced me to tagalog basics. Who knows?

Excuse me, stewardess, I speak jive.

technically 2; but I know the basics in 5 others-at least enough to prevent me from getting lost in translation