Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many of you have decided to be single forever
Curious about how other guys think. If so, what made you decide on that?

Thanks.

Yes! Smile

And I'm fine with it...for the most part.

May respond with a better post/position later.......

I did it at one point.

Up until a year and half ago.

Simply, I'm a 95% closeted boy and I didn't want people to find out I was gay.

The best way I could succeed was simply not dating men.

Certainly I didn't want (still don't want) the double life, or the hiding out. So, simple. Celibacy.

Yeah, I don't do so well with lonely. So I dropped that stance. Worked well enough for 13 years, though.

I guess the biggest thing for me right now is depression and the inability to even have a friend.......

I can start with that, because let’s face it, it is a major issue.

Been alone for five years or so, so I’m fairly hopelessly shot :/

Well, I am single.

Not by choice though.

6 relationships, two ending in abuse, the longest and last ending in betrayal...

So yeah, of course I consider giving up on men and dating and relationships....

Sort of inbetween, I am very happy in my current relationship.

But I've never really felt like I would be lacking if I was single --- there are a lot of positives I can't experience while in a relationship. Unless a huge life event happens I'll probably always feel like that.

I've always said this about myself. I'm having second thoughts though. Who knows... life is unpredictable!

It really wasn't a conscious choice. Just kind of the way things go. Whatchagonnado? There is still the desire to have a partner, but I know the chances are very slight since I don't go to the bars (that's a young man's game there) or actually socialize that much. I've never been very extroverted, so that's working against me also. Now it's the age thing working against my favour. Meh. Winter time it's tough being stuck in the house all the time, so then your mind starts wandering and the loneliness settles in. I'm glad we are coming out of that season. Spent this weekend out in the garage working on minor problems with the car, so it was a busy weekend and particularly satisfying. I'm actually tired from doing stuff rather than from boredom.

single...sometimes by choice; this time though....by someone else's choice