Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How materialistic are you?
I'm not materialistic at all. One thing that really gets to me is when someone judges another based on the brand of clothes they wear or what type of car they drive. It doesn't really matter, the only thing that does truly matters is the person.

Like Timmy, I do love my tech toys though but I get those for me because I like playing with them lol.

Not much, really. Just with clothes although I don't really care about brands too as long as it looks good. :biggrin:

i'm not sure if you can put a scale on it but i'd say i'm 4/10 materialistic. not that i really want to be showered or spoiled with someone who'se fielthy rich, but i don't mind receiving material gifts every once in a while. but to be honest, i'm quite sellfish myself, when it comes to giving presents.

I don't care about how much money anyone has at all...or clothes or cars ect.

BUT....I do have a materialistic streak and it involves design....me and my lover have had an antique store for 20 years now and we both collect "stuff"...I love that stuff too and get alot of pleasure from it...I like things that are artistic and aesthetically pleasing. ...Art Deco is a favorite of mine but there are alot of periods that I like.

I am superstitious about belongings though...it is a spiritual thing. I believe in only keeping material things around me that I love and if I don't really love it I get rid of it.

Its not that important to me what a partner has or has not got, I'm more interested in them as a person and what we can offer each other with what we have to give. I'm an easygoing soul.

I graduated from Art School 14 years ago and I still feel like I'm living like a crazy student who hasn't grown up yet, surrounded by books, cd's and dvd's! I guess they would be my material weaknesses if I'm honest :biggrin:

Hello,
With me ive always lived an open minded life... I dont really judge people by how they appear or what car they drive etc I tell guys ive met before that I dont want them to dress to impress just be theirselves and show the real you.. I will admit at times im not the tidiest person but no where near the messiest either.. I tend to also find that as long as they got a good sense of humour and can take a little bit of banter from time to time it goes wellSmile

Kindest regaards

Z

About other people? Not really. Myself I have to have books oh dear god I would die <_< Very materialistic about books XD

i dont really care about too much stuff for myself - love dvds and cd's but i get a bigger kick if i can buy my sisters kids something or help a mate out who's skint

I'd say I'm in the middle somewhere. I don't care too much about material things - but if a guy really doesn't have any ambition at all that's not attractive to me.

How much do we need as income, just enough so that we don't have to struggle to pay our bills, My income is way below average. I'm considered to be living in poverty. But I am much better off than a lot of people i know. 98% of people are not wealthy.