Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much is enough?
So you guys would never consider asking someone you don't know very well out on a date?

Maybe its just my college, but there's this weird hookup culture here. People get drunk and go to parties, then have sex with random people and are embarrassed about it in the morning. So if you want sex, but not a relationship, you go to parties to hook up.

Relationships are way less common, and mysterious in their origins, which is why I asked. I've been asked out twice, and both times it was by someone I didn't know very well. I turned them both down because I didn't find them physically attractive, and didn't have much else to go on ( I guess a part of my question could be: should I have taken the risk?). I don't have any close male friends who are gay, so I feel like if I'm ever going to be in a relationship, I have to take some sort of action, like asking someone else on a date, or at least befriending them to see if anything naturally flows out of that friendship.

Maybe I'm over-thinking this, but I do want to be in a relationship at some point, and I feel like if I don't do anything about it, and just sit around waiting for the perfect person to fall into my lap... it's never going to happen. Does that make sense?

There's nothing wrong with going out on a date with someone you don't really know, however I think what people are generally getting at is that being asked out does not a relationship make. You have to get to know the person somewhat before you can really have some sort of real relationship. Dating is a good a way to start as any.