Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How my hope was lost in Humanity today
The last year I have been babysitting my 3 year old cousin named Katie. I love her so much and we have bonded so much. He mother abondoned her not once but 3 times and my grandparents took temporary custody of her. Today they went to court to fight for her because now that her mom has a boyfriend she wants her back. Well of course the courts gave her back to her mom, who is very abusive towared her.

When we first got my cousin she was always afraid of being hit and just laid her head down and never talked. Well she changed after she trusted us because we would never hit her and love her very much.

Well I lost all hope for humanity whne they took her away and put her back into an abusive home.

you have my support = you really do m8 ,,,,cant say any more than that

Family Law courts the world over horrify me...how those miserable cunts called 'Judges' can live with themselves at times is beyond me.

I am sorry you are in that position and I hope everything will work out best for your cousin.

the worse thing is that her BF won't last probably....

if you grandparents have anyway of knowing the state of the kid, or prove that she's being abused they can reclaim her....maybe...

I maybe optimistic, but I sincerely hope that it goes down like this: the mom simply getting tired of the kid yet again and dropping her off to you grandparents..

Bighug

I'm really sorry to hear that, its not a nice thing to hear let alone happen to you. My only hope is that the fact that the mother had to go to court to fight for her own child and some of her behaviour has been shed light on and the abcense from katie, she will change her ways.

I have been through plenty of hell over these issues with my own kids. I feel for you.

What I can say is that positive things can still happen later. I got my daughter back after five years in April of this year. I don't have custody of my other children, but we're starting to talk again. Going there this Sunday to get everyone together. We're still a broken family, and a lot of damage was done. But the kids are surprisingly OK, and they know which adults in the whole mess truly love them. Kids are smart that way. Try to think in the long term and don't lose faith.

I know that's hard from the spot you're in right now. I really do. I'd like to clarify a few things for these family courts myself. The meddling is rarely helpful. But don't let it ruin your faith in people because we're talking about a small subset of people, who are certainly not the best and the brightest (government workers). There's still good in the world.

Sorry MB. It sucks, but the courts pretty much default to keeping kids with their biological parents unless it's blatantly obvious (to them) that it's a dangerous situation. Unfortunately, there are plenty of cases where that is the wrong decision.

Don't lose hope in humanity, or for your cousin. Hope is one of the most valuable things we can hold.

*hugs*

Unfortunately you live in a messed up legal system where shit like this goes on all time time.

If you know there is abuse then I strongly suggest you and the grandparents go about getting evidence of abuse. Photographs, video... There are nanny cams that go into teddy bears now days... How legal that is I do not know, but if you go to legal aid or the local law library and pull a clerk aside and ask them what legal options there are that a private citizen can gather evidence s/he may have insight.

:'S
I wana crack some skulls over this :C

Hugs Meebles
Bighug

I actually despise the courts for forcing me to live with mom more than mom herself. The worst part was Mom's legal team tried to get me to lie for them and I wouldn't, and I also said I wanted to live with Granny (who I was with at the time and she was willing to keep me) so they canceled my speaking in court saying I was too "traumatized" and an "advocate" spoke "for" me lying about how I wanted to be with Mom, and so I was awarded to Mom.

'Course I've heard & read of much worse.