Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How my hope was lost in Humanity today
That's actually very similar to what they did with my kids, except all in the name of not giving them back to me. For years the story was that none of them wanted to talk to me and were traumatized. Until my daughter raised enough hell with her grandparents that they didn't want her around anymore. Then all of a sudden the fact that she had been wanting to talk to me the whole time but wasn't allowed to say it came out. Not to mention the huge problems with where she was living.

Honestly, I could have the lawsuit of lawsuits, but right now I'm just glad she's back and safe.

One of the issues here is that when someone makes up their mind about what's best, say a social worker, they'll never admit they were wrong. They just keep on forging ahead to save face or whatever. So if the decision has once been made that mom is OK, it will take an event of seismic proportion to alter course.

I'd say it's true that the biological mother is given preference. I wouldn't say the same for the father. I also can say from experience that things differ dramatically from locality to locality. I have a long standing difference of opinion with Stark county in Ohio. When I moved to Mahoning county things were obviously different. I've had CPS called on me here by someone just trying to harass. The case worker took a look at the situation and basically closed the file as soon as her supervisor would sign off on it. They've left me alone since. In her own words, "I need to get back to Youngstown where there's kids who actually need my protection."

There are fundamental problems with allowing overworked, undertrained, and personally detached bureaucrats to decide what is in the child's best interest. They make decisions that can only be described as flippant without any idea of the fallout they are causing to the families they tear apart. The judges are if anything worse than the case workers.

How could the family courts give her back to her mother who has abandoned her more than once. She was better off with your family. Keep fighting for her and hopefully she will be returned to a loving family. You are in my thoughts.
An eye for an eye

Sorry to hear that...

I hope the situation gets better!