Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How not to be lonely on a day-to-day basis
I get lonely after work, especially in the evenings. I wish I had people to talk to, to have them ask me how my day was, and me theirs, etc. It would be nice. I go out with friends, sure, but not all the time, usually on weekends, and again, not every weekend. I try to involve myself in other activities, like my bowling and hiking group, and occasionally yoga at the Pride center over here. But I still wish I had someone(s) to talk to regularly when not doing the above, especially after work.

How do you handle it, especially for those of you who are single out there?

Isn't that what WE are here for?????

How are you doing?
How was work?

There's threads on here to that extent, you can post how you are doing, what happened today, whats going on in your head......................

There's a chat room, there's PM (Private Messaging) if you want to talk to someone privately, there's pop up chat, and there's games on here in Word Games.

Xyxwave

I play games. Used to be an avid video gamer - mostly PC RPG stuff, but nowadays, I stick to some web-based short games. There are few good sites where lots of good games compiled - and the best part it's free! Big Grin

Drew Wrote:How do you handle it, especially for those of you who are single out there?

Yup, I am in your same situation. Work-home, home-work. And that's pretty much how I live.

I don't handle it.

Oh...well..I get on here, that always helps.

Now, as to how not be lonely on a day to day basis,...the obvious answer is see your friends more often find a BF or GF, or even get meeting new people. How about having someone live with you?

Can you do any of the above? Is it within your means, time, social skills?

If so, then sir, get out there!

You could just do what I do and learn to hate everyone and cringe at the thought of any kind social contact what so ever, just...you know a thought:biggrin:

New Haven conn, One of my best friends in high school was from there, do consider joining us all in the chat room in the evenings, it can get crazy, but these people do care about others, the regulars that is, hope to see you there, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

southbiochem Wrote:Yup, I am in your same situation. Work-home, home-work. And that's pretty much how I live.

I don't handle it.

Oh...well..I get on here, that always helps.

Now, as to how not be lonely on a day to day basis,...the obvious answer is see your friends more often find a BF, or even get meeting new people. How about having someone live with you?

Can you do any of the above? Is it within your means, time, social skills?

If so, then sir, get out there!

I've been working on the boyfriend thing for a long while; I see a therapist specifically to help me understand my difficulties meeting and approaching guys I might be compatible with and in forming romantic relationships. Right now, we think it might be a lack of opportunities, despite trying to be more social (aside from the above mentioned hiking and bowling and yoga, etc). Plus it's a mental thing; I tend to reject guys too easily, online and off, perhaps from being overly picky or from insecurity. Working on it.

But I'm on board with contacting friends more often, I just don't want to feel like I'm imposing. A lot of my friends are coupled and I don't want to wedge myself in if they're planning to do something. Again, trying, but anxiety holds me back at times.

I've thought about living with a roommate too, and I wouldn't rule it out in the future, but I kind of like having my own place and setting it up just to my liking. I used to share a bedroom with my brother growing up until 7th grade; the happiest day of my life was when we got separate bedrooms. But it's not a bad idea.

Ohhh single like me..

I just do the usual stuffs, watch TV, go here, sometimes i walk the dog, read something, work out if i have time...

You can try some online apps...not specifically for dating but just to talk to someone.

Evan88 Wrote:You can try some online apps...not specifically for dating but just to talk to someone.

Absolutely not. I was in a discussion about app use on the Gay Geeks group on Facebook earlier and almost everyone agreed: they suck. Guys with no photos or profile content asking you if you want to suck their dick is not my idea of good time.

If they make one that is truly and honestly geared for guys to have real conversations with one another and not just about naked selfies, I'd reconsider.

Drew Wrote:I've been working on the boyfriend thing for a long while; I see a therapist specifically to help me understand my difficulties meeting and approaching guys I might be compatible with and in forming romantic relationships. Right now, we think it might be a lack of opportunities, despite trying to be more social (aside from the above mentioned hiking and bowling and yoga, etc). Plus it's a mental thing; I tend to reject guys too easily, online and off, perhaps from being overly picky or from insecurity. Working on it.

But I'm on board with contacting friends more often, I just don't want to feel like I'm imposing. A lot of my friends are coupled and I don't want to wedge myself in if they're planning to do something. Again, trying, but anxiety holds me back at times.

I've thought about living with a roommate too, and I wouldn't rule it out in the future, but I kind of like having my own place and setting it up just to my liking. I used to share a bedroom with my brother growing up until 7th grade; the happiest day of my life was when we got separate bedrooms. But it's not a bad idea.

Ah, it seems to me then, that you are working on yourself and somethings need to be dealt with first.

I believe that when you are in a better place, after therapy, you will be able to find new people in your life, friends and a partner.

I would say that you keep doing what you are doing, it will be helpful for you.