Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How often do you launder your sheets?
(06-18-2021, 05:54 PM)CellarDweller Wrote:
(06-18-2021, 02:33 AM)Karl Rand Wrote: OOOH! Good looking and domesticated some lucky man out there is going to snap you up. Can you bake a decent sponge cake though?

I've never made a sponge cake, but I do enjoy baking.
And there I was gettting all hot and bothered picturing you in your apron whipping up a passionfruit sponge.
The Human Race is Insane.

(06-18-2021, 12:51 PM)LONDONER Wrote:
(06-18-2021, 11:20 AM)Karl Rand Wrote:
(06-18-2021, 08:34 AM)LONDONER Wrote: I luxuriate in the feel of antique French linen sheets that I bought on eBay.  Some even have embroidered initials of the original owners.  They're laundered every week.
Lucky you. However something I’ve learnt from purchasing ‘linen’ sold on eBay is it’s often not linen and often claims of 1000 thread per inch are totally dishonest. As the actress said to the Bishop “Better to run your fingers over it before taking it on”.

I worked in fabrics for quite a few years when I was living in New Zealand and I know linen when I see/feel it.  There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the sheets I have and which have embroidered initials, are 100% linen.  Some sellers on eBay aren't sure and verge o the safe side and describe what they have to sell as "metis", a mixture of linen abd cotton.  I was exceptionally lucky on one occasion when I bought a very large (3 X 2 metres) "metis" sheet that turned out to be exceptionally fine linen.
Never worked in fabrics but I did import a lot of Grass Linen from China when I had a gift shop. Fabulous stuff but all table cloths etc. Don’t think I’d like to sleep on it.
The Human Race is Insane.

(06-18-2021, 02:33 AM)Karl Rand Wrote: OOOH! Good looking and domesticated some lucky man out there is going to snap you up. Can you bake a decent sponge cake though?

(06-18-2021, 05:54 PM)CellarDweller Wrote: I've never made a sponge cake, but I do enjoy baking.

(06-19-2021, 08:06 AM)Karl Rand Wrote: And there I was gettting all hot and bothered picturing you in your apron whipping up a passionfruit sponge.

Sorry to let ya down!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

(06-19-2021, 08:08 AM)Karl Rand Wrote:
(06-18-2021, 12:51 PM)LONDONER Wrote:
(06-18-2021, 11:20 AM)Karl Rand Wrote:
(06-18-2021, 08:34 AM)LONDONER Wrote: I luxuriate in the feel of antique French linen sheets that I bought on eBay.  Some even have embroidered initials of the original owners.  They're laundered every week.
Lucky you. However something I’ve learnt from purchasing ‘linen’ sold on eBay is it’s often not linen and often claims of 1000 thread per inch are totally dishonest. As the actress said to the Bishop “Better to run your fingers over it before taking it on”.

I worked in fabrics for quite a few years when I was living in New Zealand and I know linen when I see/feel it.  There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the sheets I have and which have embroidered initials, are 100% linen.  Some sellers on eBay aren't sure and verge o the safe side and describe what they have to sell as "metis", a mixture of linen abd cotton.  I was exceptionally lucky on one occasion when I bought a very large (3 X 2 metres) "metis" sheet that turned out to be exceptionally fine linen.
Never worked in fabrics but I did import a lot of Grass Linen from China when I had a gift shop. Fabulous stuff but all table cloths etc. Don’t think I’d like to sleep on it.

Grass linen ... that sounds intriguing!  Care to explain more?  
uiging!  Can you explain more what this is?

[quote pid='723436' dateline='1624086508']

[/quote]

Grass linen ... that sounds intriguing!  Care to explain more?  
uiging!  Can you explain more what this is?

This might explains some things for you:

https://www.chinadaily.com.cn/culture/20...272679.htm
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams