Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How old do you think you will be ready to Marry?
Anything below 20 is way to young in my eyes. There is just way to much sex to be had at that age, no need to be tying yourself down to one person.

TimmyThink Wrote:Anything below 20 is way to young in my eyes. There is just way to much sex to be had at that age, no need to be tying yourself down to one person.
Religious attitudes to sex would be another nail in the coffin for indoctrination then, which was a big part of my life at that time

ill get married round 30 so i can have all the fun before i start giving out wisdom Big Grin

At the point I'm at, i don't think I'll ever be ready for marriage. That may change if I ever meet someone that I want to marry, but I'll cross that bridge if it comes.

I don't see any age as being particularly 'right' , it's really down to the individuals involved.

There's Timmy's point, which I agree with - before a certain age there's a lot of uncertainty and people fooling around, and it would not be wise to get married at a young age because of this <21 ... not immoral, or wrong, just unwise.

I'd say the right age is probably late 20's :eek: *gulps*

okay I'm gonna go pretend I'm younger and haven't dropped into this...

This boils down to love. If you truly love someone, then yeah, you'll get as far as you can. If you're a teen you'll propose and wait til you're both adults to which your life, your rules.

Though I find that some couples don't do well unless they meet in their late 20s, early 30s. Because something goes wrong before then. You either find faults you don't like, or they do something that really bothers you. And from that point on the love just starts to die. And it just becomes a mess.

Personally, I'd be happy to get married to my current boyfriend within the next few years.
However, if I wasn't with him and I wasn't where I was at (in life) today, I'd probably think I needed to wait longer.

I don't think there is a set age to when you should or shouldn't get married. It's such a personal decision and people mature at different levels and I think it's a big 'it depends' kind of thing!

I said 20+ but I think it's more like 25+... depends on the person I guess but I have a few friends who are already married and it just seemed way too fast for most of them.

may as well ask how old should you be before you throw waffles onto the ice at a hockey game

there is no set age it is a question of do you think YOU are ready for that big a commitment and is your partner

honestly i dont wanna get married but if i do find the right guy (or girl) and be in a serious relationship then i think its possible to happen.

i would probably get married by the time im 30 though.