Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How old do you think you will be ready to Marry?
Not legally.
When do you think you will emotionally be ready to propose or accept a marriage proposal?
Or when do you think the right age is to get married?
How young is too young?

I don't think there is a definitive answer...it depends entirely on the individual.

Personally I will never be ready for marriage. I would not embrace such an oppressive institution.

I am not saying I would or wouldn't.
I do want a monogamous relationship to last forever if it could...
If it does yay, if not, oh well.

Trust me it won't last forever, death will far precede eternity.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

It's all relative... In my late 20's, i could see myself being married... but it's not something i'm putting any effort in finding. If it happens great, if not...it is what it is :-)

its somthing i used to chase once, i can see myself a married man, i can see myself perfectly happy with somone that truley loved me for the rest of my life. I don't chase it anymore, but if it happens i'd be very content.

I've told mysefl that I want to marry at least when I turn 30, though I gotta find the right person to do so

I am not but do know several friends who are etheir married or in a similar state and are very happy, I see alot of negativity to the concept in the posts, I hope that does not stand for the majority, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

I'm a little split on the matter of actually getting married.:redface:

While i love what marriage represents.
I can't stand HOW binding it is.
With divorce sounding pretty devastating.(Though i really know little to nothing about the legal side of thing.)

And to be honest, though i like to think that i will end up in a relationship where a break up just isn't a possibility. I can't help but feel thats thinking alittle too idealic.:redface:

Besides, is marriage necessary to prove you're love for someone?
Maybe you could have a ceremony similar to marriage which doesn't have any legal standing?

Though it is nice to feel...recognised as a couple and to have you're love LEGALLY recognised and recorded for future generations to see.

Man, i just can't decide.
I guess it would be down to my boyfriend to decide.:redface:

But as for age.....does it matter? Just when it "feels" right is good enough for me.Confusedmile:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

I got married at nineteen. I wouldn't recommend it and if I had my time again I hope I wouldn't do that ... specially to a woman ... except I was desperately keen to be a father and in those days there weren't many other options ... specially when I was still rather naively, but sincerely, expecting to grow out of being interested in men.

Divorce and all the stuff that leads up to it was the most devastating experience and I don't wish it on anyone. However, coming out of a bad relationship is very liberating and in many ways healing. I just wish I'd had more insight and sense a few decades ago, but I didn't, and I can't, so I am where I am and I'm grateful that PA seems able to cope with me!!!