Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How should I do this?
I posted this on another site, but didnt really get much help, so I figure ill try posting here.

So. I just came back from my friends birthday party, me and two other people, a guy an a girl, being the main friends. Woot Woot again!

Anyways, there was this guy named Jesse there for his older brother because they're birthdays are so close, they have the parties on the same day. Jesse is really...good looking (I've never been to fond of the word "cute").

Plus he seems like a nice guy, even though I barely even talked to him, the only time he actually gave me much attention was when my friends were opening cards and their mom went around showing everybody my so-terrible-its-laughable penmanship, as he looked at me with a smirk for a few seconds as everyone laughed.

I looked at him every now and then, looking away when he looked because, obviously, I didnt want him to see me looking at him. Though I started to purposely look away half a second late as maybe a hint giver.

Best of all? He bowls on my league! So I can see him every saturday. My friend that I went to his birthday party for, Cristian, (No, I didnt typo his name), knows him. While at the league this morning, before a team mate arrived late, he said "Spencers a no show, maybe we should get Jesse on our team" he said jokingly, though im just guessing it was a joke because its sometimes hard to read him. We dont like one of our team mates so I figure we could try to get Jesse on our team next league when we form our teams again.

What got my hopes up is when me, Cristian, Jesse, and Cristian's Dad were driving back to their house and we dropped Jesse off. On the way, Cristian and me were talking as we were in the back seats. Jesse looked though Cristian said to look away, and when he did, Cristian leaned over and blocked his mouth and whispered, "Jesse is gay!", I replied with "Seriously?!", then he did the shaky hand "I don't know, maybe" gesture. He seems like it though, or at least bisexual.

Anyways, that's the backstory. Now...im to scared to ask him something in the relationship area up front, so I want to try and give him subtle hints...how do I go about that?

And I posted what happened the first week since making that thread, still no one responded.

Got back about 4 hours ago...we ended up facing his team (My team mate and best friends older brother was also on the other team so that made things more fun/competitive lol). As for me and Jesse, we didnt really talk much. Only a few times around the end. I was having trouble getting strikes when I finally got one, then did an arms-out spin around thing. I sat down and he said "No one was watching". I said "...Shut up". Then it was his turn and as he got up I said "Wait, if you mentioned it then you were watching!" (Genius Kyle strikes again), though he didnt say anything and went up to the lane.

Then after we were all done bowling, he was waiting for his mom to come pick him up. My friends mom asked where his is (Because she didnt know), and I said to myself "In a place beyond the rainbow!". Then as Jesse passed I said "In a place, beyond time and space!" to myself in a movie trailer-like voice, and he said something to me but I wasnt paying attention and couldnt make it out.

Then two times when we were both up at the same time, I stepped back because I thought he was about to go up before me, but each time he said "Go!" in sort of an aggressive way.

Overall this seemed pretty unproductive : /

So...the next day of the league is in two days. What do I do :frown:

You know my crystal ball is broken, I do have an old pack of tarot cards, but honestly its been decades since the last time I used them.

Here is the deal, while I am psychic I really, really hate to read the minds of other people. So I will have to insist that you pull him aside and privately have a talk with him.

Sooner (than later) you are going to have to learn to ask people what is on their mind, what their orientation is and all of this other stuff.

The worst he can do is break your heart by saying 'No.' Rejection is always a risk, however being rejected point blank is far less time consuming than sitting and spinning and being stressed out wondering if you have a chance.

So if you want to really know what your chances are with this fellow - ASK HIM - stop seeking the answer from strangers - we ain't him, we don't know him, we don't know what he thinks.....

That's cute and goofy at the same time.

Look, if I were you I would probably work on the friendship and then things that are supposed to happen will begin to happen from there.

You need to build trust between each other. If he likes you, then you both meet each other mid way. You could also try dropping hints or a little light flirting, like complimenting him Wink

Good luck, let me know how it goes.