Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Confront Tall Guys
I just shun the tall, clearly they are possessed by demons.

OrphanPip Wrote:I just shun the tall, clearly they are possessed by demons.

Sigh. Was it necessary to be cynical? My intention was looking for honest advice no matter how dumb my question is. I was looking for help as I am having problem to interact with people socially. Marvinteck for an example gave a sharp comment but eye-opening.

Anyways thanks OrphanPip.

Jay Wrote:Sigh. Was it necessary to be cynical? My intention was looking for honest advice no matter how dumb my question is. I was looking for help as I am having problem to interact with people socially. Marvinteck for an example gave a sharp comment but eye-opening.

Anyways thanks OrphanPip.

Oh, I'm perfectly serious, I'm planning a final solution. Never again will I have to reach for a step ladder to reach the highest shelf, because in my world of the future, shelves will be reachable to all adults!

Sorry Marvin, it's not personal, it is for the greater good.

Uhmmm I am only 5'7 but I have never found any guy who is too tall for me..
Well at least when they are on their knees.

I'm 6'1. But the only thing facing tall guys are probably that awkward neck bending. Sometimes, it's a bit pain in the neck to look to try to talk to guys waay taller than you. Other than that, there's nothing to worry about. Heck they might be really insecure about something. Plus, unless they all looked like some certain kind of giant green man, it wouldn't be that bad.(excluding gangsters and mafias)

OMG, that sounds terrible! I just don't know what to say!

Jay Wrote:Marvinteck for an example gave a sharp comment but eye-opening.

I am curious about what you saw in my response that you perceived as sharp. That was not my intention at all and I apologize if I came off like that. I was just trying to give you the best advice I could on the circumstances.Confusedmile:

OrphanPip Wrote:Oh, I'm perfectly serious, I'm planning a final solution. Never again will I have to reach for a step ladder to reach the highest shelf, because in my world of the future, shelves will be reachable to all adults!

Sorry Marvin, it's not personal, it is for the greater good.

Your plan sounds good to me. I may be able to reach most things up high but it still is a pain in the ass to have to stretch to reach them. Shelves at eye level would be quite nice.

Marvinteck Wrote:I am curious about what you saw in my response that you perceived as sharp. That was not my intention at all and I apologize if I came off like that. I was just trying to give you the best advice I could on the circumstances.Confusedmile:

Marvin, my apology for the confusion. 'Sharp' as in 'direct and on point'. Not as in harsh or something along that line. So there is no need to apologize.

I appreciate your response. I wasn't being fair to them as I somewhat prejudged them based on their heights. As I've said in my previous post, I didn't consider the tall guys' feelings as I was caught in my own insecurities.

David used a sling shot on goliathe. Though I wouldn't suggest doing that.

Jokes aside though... I'm 6ft1 which is quite tall I think, as I'm taller than most people I know. I have friends/family which are quite small compared to me and a select few which are a lot taller. Personally, I don't think about the height, I treat people all the same. Apart from a few jokes here and there as friends do. The ones that are taller than me are the same.

You should try and speak to them natural to find out who they are. If they think the better due to height than their idiots and just leave.

I'm 6'4" and I can usually tell when a shorter person is insecure because of his height and sometimes it makes sense if a 6'4" guy is standing right beside him. But I don't think much about height really myself. A lot of shorter guys clearly have no problem that I can see with it and I feel good standing beside them because they don't care either! I find shorter guys to be very hot.