Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Flirt?
Since I'm very shy, I don't really know how to flirt. I don't know what things are okay and what would be creepy.

Example: Today I saw a fellow Native guy with very pretty long braids. He works in a jewelry shop I've gone to a few times. I'm quite sure he recognizes me after a few times. I'm a sucker for long hair and I wanted so much to ask him if I could touch his hair. I'm afraid it would come of as creepy though. I wouldn't mind if someone said that to me, but I'm kind of strange that way.

Another guy tried to chat me up by asking me if I'm Korean. I said yes, I'm half, and he smiled really big and said, "That's very cool." He looked Thai to me. Anyway, I don't know if he was trying to flirt with me. What do you think?

If a stranger came up to me and asked if (s)he could touch my hair, I would probably agree to it, but would consider it very strange and would look at you with a puzzled expression before bending my head towards you.

I'm no flirt expert, but I'd say it can be done in many ways. Eyes, lips, tongue signs, vigorously caressing a carrot with your tongue while smirking at somebody. In fact I'm not sure if that's considered flirting or coming on to somebody, strongly, or if there's a difference between flirting and coming on to somebody.
But flirting doesn't have to mean anything more than fun. I often flirt with girls at parties, who know I'm gay, just because I think it's funny and so do they, I think.
You can also flirt verbally. What big strong arms you have! You could carry me up the stairs into bed any night of the week, kind sir.
Hopefully a more seasoned flirter can tell you more.

The Thai guy could, in my opinion, have been wondering if you were also Thai and then not really known what to say when he found out you were not. Maybe he felt a little embarassed.
OR
He could've been just making conversation, because he liked you and wanted to get to know you better.

I'm told I'm really good at flirting, (usually something about my eyes and how green they are, truth be told I have no clue what they're talking about, maybe they're flirting with me, IDK)
If I'm I one of those tiny coach airline seats I flirt with the flight attendant and she'll then put me in first (or at least business class) I just compliment them and try to be really really friendly, then be friendlier.
I look at them in a certain way, I wish I could explain exactly what look I give them.

Just listen to Cuddly, because if he did that thing with the carrot and I was unattached, especially with him being Scandinavian, did I mention Cuddly that I love Scandinavians, they are SO ATTRACTIVE (both sexes)., then if he continued to smirk at me and do that thing with his mouth, I would then start coming on to him.

I'm just being honest, seriously.

Wait someone more expieriences will come along and Articulate it better.

I know Bowyn Arrow he certainly knows how to flirt, ask him!

The Thai guy asked because he saw my name on my credit card (he rang me up). He was probably just making conversation as a good sales person, and maybe he doesn't see a lot of mixed Asian people come in. I always am surprised when people take an interest and I forget that it's unusual to them.

Maybe I'm just not brave enough to flirt. Funny enough, I would feel more comfortable asking if I could touch that guy's hair than directly complimenting his body verbally. I don't know why! Strange... something I'll have to think about! I guess it would be better to just tell him that I like his hair and not come off as a total crazy person. Haha!

I can't wait for more replies. I'm terrible at this and also I want to hear some entertaining stories! Fish2

I also have no idea how to flirt (& if I tried I'd likely end up coming across as just a creepy old man)...

In addition I doubt I'd even c=recognize if someone was trying to flirt with me unless they were being very obvious (not that anyone would anyway)

I don't wanna sound cocky, but.. I've never needed to flirt cause there are always enough men and women who try to flirt with me.

The other reason is: I love good looks, for sure. However, only good looks never tell you almost anything about their personality. So, I just enjoy their good looks and that's all. I don't see any need to flirt with them.

I think you need the kind confidence that only comes from having been in a relationship and coming to appreciate just how wild with desire your body and how you use it can turn your partner. Does that make sense?

I'm very shy too and I don't have solid experience with flirting, but if you like him, try to spend more time around him and pay attention to his behaviour towards you. If he is interested you will probably notice that ....

OK, I do love carrots, but somehow that doesn't sound like your style just now. Keep it simple - and genuine. Make eye contact, hold eye contact for just a little longer than you might normally do. Smile. Compliment him sincerely and ask a question - like, You've got gorgeous hair, is it a lot of work to keep it looking that great? After a bit of conversation you could ask if you can touch it.
In conversation, lightly touch his hand or his arm to emphasize a point. Subtle can be intriguing.
I was at a party where this idiot decided that grabbing my friend's ass was a good way to flirt. He ended up with a fractured wrist.
Remember, subtle...

Cuddly Wrote:I think you need the kind confidence that only comes from having been in a relationship and coming to appreciate just how wild with desire your body and how you use it can turn your partner. Does that make sense?

I've been in a couple of good relationships and already experienced this.