Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to avoid pickpockets on vacation
Some fairly basic information but it may be of help to some of you.

http://www.thrillist.com/travel/nation/h...ist-nation
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

...or you could go to one of those nude resorts...

Seriously, good info...thank you!

I just tie tiny little bells to chain wallet to alert me to a possible threat:biggrin:

If your lucky,, you'll run into a considerate pick-pocket... They will remove your wallet, take out the cash (leaving everything else),,, and then put the wallet back into your pocket.

That happened to me in Tijuana Mexico back in the 70's..............
We Have Elvis !!

Pyromancer Wrote:...or you could go to one of those nude resorts...

Seriously, good info...thank you!

Hey, even in a nude resort you have to carry something somewhere!
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

jimcrackcorn Wrote:If your lucky,, you'll run into a considerate pick-pocket... They will remove your wallet, take out the cash (leaving everything else),,, and then put the wallet back into your pocket.

That happened to me in Tijuana Mexico back in the 70's..............

Two chances to get caught for a one-time gain!

I do hope then that he was stealing for a very good cause (that life saving medicine for her grandmother, for example). He doesn't sound the type to steal just to buy drugs or some such. I'm very curious about such a pickpocket, how and why he learned the skill in the first place, his "code of honor" and such.

I expect such pickpockets are rarer than conjoined twins, however.

Pix Wrote:Two chances to get caught for a one-time gain!

I do hope then that he was stealing for a very good cause (that life saving medicine for her grandmother, for example). He doesn't sound the type to steal just to buy drugs or some such. I'm very curious about such a pickpocket, how and why he learned the skill in the first place, his "code of honor" and such.

I expect such pickpockets are rarer than conjoined twins, however.

Hi Pix,

Actually,, it was two girls..

I had gone to Tijuana that morning to buy some Tequila & Kahlua which was much cheaper across the border. After I crossed the border, I needed to use the restroom,,, so I went into a bar to relieve myself. Well, I decided to have a beer before leaving the bar and as I was about to set down,,, two girls suddenly joined me. I knew they were going to try and pick my pockets so I stayed alert to any movements they made (that was futile)..... They not only got the money out of my wallet,,, they also got the change out of my front pocket!!!!! I can honestly say I didn't have a penny to my name when I walked into the liquor store to buy the alcohol.

To this day,,, I am still amazed at how good they were. (smile)....
We Have Elvis !!