Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to be a better person?
I've been doing a lot of thinking and I've reached the conclusion that my life is mediocre.

I'm not a bad person but I'm not good either. I haven't harmed anyone (e.g. I don't lie, I don't steal) but I haven't helped anyone either.

I am almost 40 years old and what have I done for my fellow man? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

So, I want to be a better person but how do I do that exactly? Occasional acts of kindness are not good enough, I want something that can last and make a difference.

Sponsoring a child was a great idea and I've already filled in the papers, any other ideas?

YOU ARE A FREEKING TEACHER!!!!!!!

You help people EVERY DAY you go to class!!!

It may not seem like it, but out of all the kids you have taught and will teach, I guarantee that at least 5 of them have been instilled with the knowledge you have taught them, and will be a part of them when they become adults.

And as stated before in a previous thread...............if you want to help people, start in your own "back yard". You don't need to help people overseas or in other countries, if people in your own country are having a hard time.

You may be doing good things and not even realising. Giving a person a smile, talking to person you don't know well, inviting friends round for dinner - all these things mean a lot to other people.

Maybe you can think of someone who doesn't have many friends, or perhaps a new starter at the place you work, and invite them to do something? Perhaps you could help out at a local club.

Being a good person doesn't necessarily mean doing charity work or donating money (although that is good too).

Maybe you want to be a happy person as a happy person is a better one - so here is my take on it!

When you are comfortable in your own skin you are more attractive to others.
If you are happy to give (ie help others) that usually helps.

If you don't criticize others and see their good points, it makes you more popular.
If you are happy to share you are happy inside.

So whatever makes you feel good inside just do. It can be for others but the personal satisfaction is yours.

Me? I prefer to call a spade a spade!