Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to be gay in the south?
Do I have to tone down some of my flamboyant tendencies, even though they're not that pronounced?

For instance, I have a mild gay tone when I speak. Now, it's not super noticeable. But if they notice, will they react badly to me?

Be yourself, And IF you wanted to tone down those tendencies then do it, not sure what's so hard about it. lulz.

Arkansota Wrote:For instance, I have a mild gay tone when I speak. Now, it's not super noticeable. But if they notice, will they react badly to me?

What's a mild gay tone? Is that a new kind of voice pitch... as a singer I know there's several tone one can get... but I never heard of that gay tone yet. I'm a dude and I can sing like a girl... in fact I can imitate Sarah Brightman's pitch; would that count as a gay tone? Because it's confusing since I can also sing Miss Sarajevo from Luciano Pavarotti... now is that a man tone? Or perhaps I have a bisexual tone then....

Just be who you are Ark... if that's gay you are gay you should be and there are guys who are not gay and sound like they have sucked a few but you can't really define someone's sexuality by their voice... unless they are exaggeratedly studding and wants you to believe that they sucked a few. If your voice is natural and it's who you are there's nothing to change.

Lol, I still find it slightly funny Americans...who we see as very open and progressive find such trivialities as a Conundrum...

I am flamboyant all over the place and I live on a Homophobic Island...a 21Sq mile Island...you're not bound to see the same people every fucking day, where the fuck can I go if someone dislikes me?

I see the same people everyday...

I'm sorry, I suppose I'm actually alittle envious, even though the Divine Tree says that's reprehensible, of the fact that Americans have soooo many freedoms and options and I don't have nearly the tenth of either...

Yet I manage to be happy, so why can't you guys?

You can move, you have protection, you have sooo much more support in regards to LGBT and alot of us Islanders(Caribbean-however we are technically Atlantic Carib) have Zip...

I feel bad now for saying that, but I really am curious :/

Jake Wrote:What's a mild gay tone? Is that a new kind of voice pitch... as a singer I know there's several tone one can get... but I never heard of that gay tone yet. I'm a dude and I can sing like a girl... in fact I can imitate Sarah Brightman's pitch; would that count as a gay tone? Because it's confusing since I can also sing Miss Sarajevo from Luciano Pavarotti... now is that a man tone? Or perhaps I have a bisexual tone then....

Just be who you are Ark... if that's gay you are gay you should be and there are guys who are not gay and sound like they have sucked a few but you can't really define someone's sexuality by their voice... unless they are exaggeratedly studding and wants you to believe that they sucked a few. If your voice is natural and it's who you are there's nothing to change.

He's just obsessed to have gay stereotypical caracteristiques, he even uploaded a recording in which he says he pronounce the S like a gay would or something, he just wants attention, don't waste your finger strength on this kinda ish, luv. <3 same to ma queen up there <333

Sylph, you're right. The US is a big country, so people here do have more options IF they have the means to move. We also enjoy more legal protection than most of the world, but that doesn't always help.

American gays can also be beaten to near death and hung on a fence on a lonely stretch of highway. Some areas here are generally progressive and accepting, others are extremely conservative and homophobic.

Johnny, I suggest you just be yourself and feel out the vibe in the college town where you're moving. You can probably find some info online before you get there.

Geminize Wrote:Sylph, you're right. The US is a big country, so people here do have more options IF they have the means to move. We also enjoy more legal protection than most of the world, but that doesn't always help.

Americans gays can also be beaten to near death and hung on a fence on a lonely stretch of highway. Some areas here are generally progressive and accepting, others are extremely conservative and homophobic.

Johnny, I suggest you just be yourself and feel out the vibe in the college town where you're moving. You can probably find some info online info before you get there.

Yes, you make valid points, however, it just seems to me personally, looking at ya'lls forms of discrimination and homophobia looks like childs play. Not to say it's easy, but compared to here and even worse off places, it's simple.

If I can accept myself here, there is no problem.

And the point I wanted to make is that you have the option to even have an IF, where as I don't. Sure I can leave my home, but my leaving my island doesn't equate to leaving a town or county or whatever you guys have, because I literally have to leave my whole culture ans life behind.

You'll still be in your America. You'll have your rights and your Culture and everything, my everything would have to be left on my island. And where ever I go, I won't have rights like I do here (outside of LGBT rights...), so I'd be a modern Pilgrim, not even in England would I be granted complete rights, as we are a BOT, but not actually British...

So yes, IF one had the ability to move, then great, but the fact that you have the choice and the choice to do so freely with the ability to have a social security number, your American rights and so on, is something we do not have here...

And gays here, however rare recently, have been stabbed, beaten, sodomized, set ablaze(in the days before I was born) and continual humiliation put on them, simply because they are "Batty Bwoys", a term borrowed from the Jamaicans, of whom's influence is quite strong here, as they've been here for the past 200odd years. So as you can imagine their culture and ways have seeped into ours and while more open then they are, it's still no easy feat to walk to your own fucking house everyday afraid the men on the cornah are gonna jump you or whatever...

I'm not saying American Homophobic attacks and what not are less severe than ours, but to me, that looks more like freedom than oppression...

I can't go nowhere without having to check to be sure I'm not followed anywhere and I always change up my routine, just incase.

I doubt I'd be hurt, as a lot of us are related, but sometimes it doesn't matter. One guy nearly killed his own Brother for coming out to him...

And the worst part is, our lack of protection at all, makes these "accidents" or "violent acts" less than what they should be.

I couldn't take anyone to court on the grounds of Discrimination of Sexual Orientation if a guy decides to Gay Bash me, no such thing legally exists here...

Even the Police, most of whom are not even Bermudian for reasons of Bias, do not always try to help....i personally know a Policewoman who is a Lesbian and while she has it easier, because Lesbians are accepted here, she still has it rough...

I dislike complaining about my life circumstances, but I just don't think it's fair that people who have even more freedoms then most of the world, take it so lightly and for granted...you don't know how lucky you all are, you really don't.

Have you noticed the lack of Carribean people on here? I have, and that's because they are scared to take the risk of being discovered, and I know this because I was the same way before I joined here. I have always been "out", but to have access to me available to any body who here wishes to harm me, was scary and so I know how they feel.

Same for other Cultures like ours, Middle Easterns, Africans(not the South Africans, no offense), you just don't see many of us, but who do we see the most of? Americans and Europeans. Why? Because you guys are more open, don't run as much risk as we do and have the protections we don't.

This is why it annoyed me to read this, because you all have something I desperately wish I had growing up and that's freedom(and I am aware of your American History, but I mean in my life era) instead of the torture, humiliation, threats on my life and degradation... Sad

I had to fight to get comfortable in my skin, to love and accept myself in a culture that tells me I should die because of who I am and with constant fear of being hurt...no matter where I went.

I still love my Culture, my People, but I don't love the restrictions Americans do not have to face....

Anyway, I'm done...lest I shed a Divine Tear...

I didn't mean to offend anyone, but this is how this made me feel...
Loveya

Sebastian Wrote:He's just obsessed to have gay stereotypical caracteristiques, he even uploaded a recording in which he says he pronounce the S like a gay would or something, he just wants attention, don't waste your finger strength on this kinda ish, luv. <3 same to ma queen up there <333

Who are you talking about?

But I'm gay in the south and I think I need to put my camp on u.u I use to be way camp and then I got uncamp and now I need to get more camp. Cos while I was camp I cared about people and didn't care what others thought of me. And then when I became uncamped I started to care about what people thought of me and stoped caring about others. SOOOOO Camp town here I come (In the south)

Pengy
Quack

TBH The best way to be gay in the south is to be a Joshular
Cos then you can actually claim to be gay in the south cos THE SOUTH!