Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to deal with not accepting being gay.
Ive never accepted myself for being gay and I think this has more to do with my attraction to younger people then me or maybe it doesnt.

Any advice, similar issues?

how young are we talking here?

ETOTE Wrote:how young are we talking here?

Im in my early 40's and my attraction is to 18-22 range.

17vs41 Wrote:Im in my early 40's and my attraction is to 18-22 range.

There's nothing unusual about that. There are a couples on here with similar age differences, 20 years or more. My long-term BF is 10 years older and my best friend's husband is 9 years older.

I think that may be a whole separate issue from not accepting yourself as gay. It would be helpful if you could talk a little more about that and your feelings about it.

Being gay isn't so bad... It's not like as if you wake up one morning and finally admit that you're gay and you'll be farting rainbows and burping flowers and talking handbags for the rest of your days as you sashay through life...
Admitting to it will not change you, other than you (probably) feeling alot better about yourself and more confident as those around you (I assume you're not out?) come to know and accept you.

My husbear is 55. There are guys out there who want to be with older guys, so it's a match made in heaven!

Cuddly Wrote:Being gay isn't so bad... It's not like as if you wake up one morning and finally admit that you're gay and you'll be farting rainbows and burping flowers and talking handbags for the rest of your days as you sashay through life...
Admitting to it will not change you, other than you (probably) feeling alot better about yourself and more confident as those around you (I assume you're not out?) come to know and accept you.

Hmmmm, not so sure. Outside of rainbows and flowers, when I came to the rationale conclusion that I was gay there was a decided shift towards sashaying and discussions about 'girlie things' with my gal pals. Somehow I even developed a bit of a lisp and a lip biting pout [which really does not work on a 50+ year old]. Plus my gay dance routine is waaaay more expressive.

My family and friends already know me to be emotional and different. They know and accept (or not) me as I am.

17vs41 Wrote:Im in my early 40's and my attraction is to 18-22 range.

If anything, I would think that's normal.

17vs41 Wrote:Ive never accepted myself for being gay and I think this has more to do with my attraction to younger people then me or maybe it doesnt.

Any advice, similar issues?

Well.....I'm not sure how being attracted to younger men would cause you to not accept yourself being gay. What age group were you attracted to when you were 18-22?

I dated a 40 year old man once, I was completely in love with him. Unfortunately he loved his drugs and alcohol more than he loved me. I used to not accept myself when I was younger. I became a hot tempered teen always looking for fights because I was angry at myself for being gay. I hated myself but ever since I came out and really accepted myself, I've been a lot happy. Sometimes you just gotta say fuck it and go with the flow.

I just feel I should be attracted to those around my age. I guess this is just a personal issue and not really something that is wrong.